Heated seat Install

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

Evanism
Scoobytruck Contributer

Heated seat Install

Post by Evanism »

I finally have 'factory' heated seats!

5 years ago I got a set of heated power seats, a front wiring harness, and seat switches from a 2004 outback. Then I found new Baja upholstery from a guy who changed his Baja to leather. I finally had enough time over the last 2 weeks to finish the project and now I will have a toasty warm butt this winter.

The power seat connections were in the car and just plugged right in. I did not find connections for the heated seats, so I stripped off the parts of the harness I needed, leaving the spade connectors intact so they could pop right into the existing connector blocks.

My biggest problem was that the wiring diagrams I had were not completely correct. The large B99 wiring connector in my diagram was split into 2 separate connectors in my car. The slots in the illumination connector I needed were blank, so those wires popped right in. I had to 'vampire clip' the power wire though.

Also, since the seat were not attached to a car for a while, one rail mount of each seat was bent. The passenger side one I swapped from the old seat. The driver's side would not swap since this is a power seat so I had to remove it and whack it back in shape.

The upholstery took a little work but if you're good with hog ring pliers (I'm not) it should be easy.
2005 Baja Sport, Regal Blue Pearl
traded-in 2004 Legacy 35th
Slight mods:
Heated mirrors
Heated seats
Horn upgrade
Speaker upgrade
OzzBros bed cover
Autodim mirror
Bluetooth stereo
Factory tweeters
Turbo Headlights
PenguinSub
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: Heated seat Install

Post by PenguinSub »

You wouldn't happen to have any pics to go with your awesome seat heater mods, would you?
Evanism
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Evanism »

I can take some since the installation. I should have thought about taking pics of the harness before I installed it.
Slight mods:
Heated mirrors
Heated seats
Horn upgrade
Speaker upgrade
OzzBros bed cover
Autodim mirror
Bluetooth stereo
Factory tweeters
Turbo Headlights
PenguinSub
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by PenguinSub »

Hey, any and all pics are welcome. I am (and I'm sure other people are as well) definitely more of a visual guy when it comes to most of these things.

Also, I was under the impression that Baja seats were different than other models'. Are you saying that (aside from manual to power and bending rails back into their original place) the seats were a simple bolt on?
Evanism
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Evanism »

The outback seats bolted right in with no modifications and I assume legacy seats will, too (as the Baja is based off of the legacy sedan).

The seats are a little different in that the seat portion of the outback covers attaches to the cushion in more places (an extra 'hold-down' bar across the cover). If you don't mind having them not match the back, just swap them right out!
Slight mods:
Heated mirrors
Heated seats
Horn upgrade
Speaker upgrade
OzzBros bed cover
Autodim mirror
Bluetooth stereo
Factory tweeters
Turbo Headlights