Replacement Catalytic Converter Baja n/a

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

BajaGermany
Scoobytruck Lurker

Replacement Catalytic Converter Baja n/a

Post by BajaGermany »

Hi there,
I´m new here in this forum and as you can guess from my nick, I am a Baja-driver from germany. I own my Baja 2003 Sport n/a since about two years. It´s one of the 150 Baja Sports imported in 03 by Subaru Germany.
Now my first Question:
my catalytic converter is broken, so I need a replacement, new or used. Where can I get it from? Thers nothing on ebay...
Thanx for answers,
Chris
Baja Sport MT with LPG
bulwnkl
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bulwnkl »

Welcome!

Is it too foolish for me to suggest getting one from Subaru? I guess what I'm trying to do is figure out what you're looking for. A lower price? A higher flow catalyst?
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

Well, which catalytic converter is it? You may be able to get one from a naturally aspirated legacy that will fit.
BajaGermany
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by BajaGermany »

Thanks for your answers.
@ bulwnkl: I´m looking for a lower price (you can´t imagine the sparepart-prices in germany!). Are there any alternatives to the OEM? :D
@ Hawk: as I looked under my Baja, I saw, that it has only one cat-con unlike the Legacy/Outback. Or am I wrong?
Chris
Baja Sport MT with LPG
BajaGermany
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by BajaGermany »

Uh, I was wrong: it´s totally the same than the Legacy/Outback with two converters...
So, is there any idea? I found one at ebay: Legacy/Outback 98-03. This one should fit, doesnt it´?
Regards,
Chris
Baja Sport MT with LPG