How to program a new remote?

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

NCbaja
Scoobytruck Lurker

How to program a new remote?

Post by NCbaja »

Hey all,

Just recently got my Baja. I've picked up an extra remote for it. Before I bought the car I had seen the instructions online for programming one for this car but now cannot seem to find it again. Does someone have steps to this or can point me in the right direction please?

Thanks
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

TRY:

Code: Select all

To enter the programming mode and program the transmitter:

1. disarm the security system (if your vehicle is equipped with the optional security system.)
2. open the driver's door and sit in the driver's seat.
3. close the driver's door.
4. place the ignition key into the ignition switch and cycle the switch from LOCK to ON ten times within 15 seconds. Be sure to stop at the LOCK position and leave the key in the ignition. The horn will sound once to indicate that you are in the transmitter programming mode.

-NOTE- you must finish the next step (opening the driver's door) within 45 seconds of starting this procedure.

5. Open the driver's door.
6. Close the driver's door.
7. Press and release any button on the transmitter that you wish to program into the system. The horn will sound two times to indicate that the transmitter has been programmed.

- Anyt additional transmitters can also be programmed at this time. Repeat steps 1 through 3 for an additional transmitter.

8. After all of your transmitters are programmed, remove the key from the ignition switch to exit the programming mode. The horn will sound three times to indicate that the system has exited the programming mode.
9. Make sure that the keyless entry system properly operates by operating each transmitter.

-NOTE-
Make sure no one else is operating their keyless entry system within range of your vehicle when programming transmitters. If someone else were to operate their remote transmitters while you are programming your transmitters, it is po9ssible that their transmitter code will be programmed into our system, allowing them unauthorized access to your vehicle.
NCbaja
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by NCbaja »

:D
Awesome detail. Thanks a great deal!!
NCbaja
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by NCbaja »

Hey Jaxed,

Tried what you listed and could never get the horn to sound.

After trying different stuff finally got it to work by depressing the brake after the door was closed but before putting key in ignition. The brake was held down the entire time until the last step was taken to take car out of remote programming mode.

Have you seen that to be needed before?