Hood/hood scoop question!

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

Dark Pony
Scoobytruck Contributer

Hood/hood scoop question!

Post by Dark Pony »

So if I wanted to buy a carbon fiber hood for the baja or a new hoodscoop....what would fit? WRX hood? Sti hoodscoop? I've heard that the baja has similarities to the body of the WRX but i wanted to confirm that before I go out and start buying parts for it!!
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

None of them will fit. The baja has a hoodscoop that is part of the hood with only the front lip of the scoop that is removable.

The FXT, wrx and sti all have hoodscoops that bolt on to a hole in the hood. They are not interchangable with the legacy/baja.

The only real option is if you can find a carbon fiber hood with scoop for a legacy or JDM Legacy B4 RSK, something like that, then it may be possible but I have not really seen a good one yet.
Dark Pony
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Dark Pony »

bummer...ok so sorry one more question then...what about engine stuff? i have the turbo baja but i heard the engine is the same or very similar to the wrx? like any engine mods or dress up kit? is it the same as wrx?
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

The engine is NOT the same as the WRX, but a lot of the same parts will fit it. The engine IS the same as the Forester XT and very similar to the STI (same longblock but the turbo, intercooler and uppipe are different.)

as far as things like pulleys, uppipes, downpipes, turbos, intercoolers and such, pretty much anything STI will fit.

Be careful how far you go with it though, something as simple as opening up the exhaust too much without any ECU changes could lead to bad things.

If you have anything specific in mind, post it up and we can let you know if it is interchangable with the Baja T or not.
Dark Pony
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Dark Pony »

pm'd you hawk!!