Upgrading fog lamps

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

steveorocks
Scoobytruck Lurker

Upgrading fog lamps

Post by steveorocks »

I have a busted out fog lamp and subaru wants $160 for one lamp!!! For that kind of money I would rather put some hellas or piaas in. HAs anyone doen this?
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

The RS/WRX guys used to put hella 500s in the hole for the fogs. they either made their own brackets or you can buy them from kartboy.
ebbie97
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ebbie97 »

What is busted? The whole assembly or just the bulb?
-EB
spazchicken
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by spazchicken »

Hawk296 wrote:The RS/WRX guys used to put hella 500s in the hole for the fogs. they either made their own brackets or you can buy them from kartboy.
I'm fairly certain 500's wont fit in the holes on the Baja bumper. For a decent selection and good prices, though, I'd recommend http://www.rallylights.com
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

I was on e-bay last nite and someone is selling aftermarket lights that are suppose to fit a Baja. They say that when you buy them, they will send you the correct brackets for your vehicle. But the disclaimer says that there may be small issues to make them fit correctly. Has anyone tried this approach to the factory lites?? You get a pair of them for about $150.00. Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
spazchicken
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by spazchicken »

Did it say what brand they are? $150 seems kinda steep for foglamps to me unless they are really high-end PIAA or Hella lamps.
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Try out this link to ebay. Autopia lights, $72.99 for the kit. Haven't heard of these before, but then again, have not tried to replace the factory fog lights yet. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-07-SU ... 7466QQrdZ1

Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.