Rallycross Baja Turbo Sway bar setup

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

TheRogueToyota
Scoobytruck Lurker

Rallycross Baja Turbo Sway bar setup

Post by TheRogueToyota »

Hey all,

I have an 04 baja turbo that I purchased last year. I have done a bunch of work to it (new suspension bushings, take off lift kit, skid plate, radio, shifter, ...the list goes on) to get it ready for competing in SCCA stock all rallycross class.

This past weekend I competed in it for the first time and it was super tail happy. The previous owner had a lift on it and removed the front sway bar for offroading, and I think this is the reason it was so easy to oversteer.
Oversteer is not the worst thing in the world, but for an inexperienced driver like me I want it to handle a little more controlled.
I want the car to trend towards oversteer, but not at the level its at now.

I plan to go to a junkyard to find a sway bar for the front but wanted to poll this group first. Basically my thought is that I want a sway bar that is somewhere between no sway bar at all and stock. I have heard that our front suspension is the same as a forester and the rear is the same as an outback.

Any resources about what front/rear sway bars would be semi-direct fit with our cars and their spring rates would be helpful. Basically if a list of subaru sway bars and their corresponding sizes/stiffness's exists somewhere it would be fantastic. If anyone has any other rallycross setup related advice it is welcome.

Bonus pictures of the skid plate I made:
PXL_20230129_234136034.jpg
PXL_20230129_234136034.jpg (3.06 MiB) Viewed 35330 times
and the car spraying dirt (I need some front mud flaps lol):
FB_IMG_1675621109693.jpg
FB_IMG_1675621109693.jpg (95.2 KiB) Viewed 35330 times
Thanks for reading.