4EAT w/ Sport Shift Weird Occurrence

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

CScot1234
Scoobytruck Lurker

4EAT w/ Sport Shift Weird Occurrence

Post by CScot1234 »

Hey all, today I was in Grand Rapids Metro Cruise car show, which isn't a cruise so much of a crawl down the street with a couple of gaps to make a little noise, and I was doing a couple neutral revs in my 4EAT Sport Shift 05 Baja Turbo (I didn't touch redline, don't like to get that high anyways) and otherwise was crawling along in Drive or in 1 for sport shift because that's how slow it was. Anyways, shortly before a light, I noticed that as I released the brake the car wasn't idling forward at all, which is kinda normal on an uphill, but when I gave it a little pedal it felt like slowly releasing a clutch. Went to sport shift and it was stuck in 3rd, couldn't shift down using the rocker or the actual 2, 1 gears for a few seconds. Eventually I stopped, put it in neutral and back to drive, still said 3rd, and then put it in neutral, gave just a little pedal and put it in drive and that seemed to unstick something and it went back down to 1. Drove fine after that and home via the highway fine as well. It was a hot day outside, maybe the trans/torque converter was getting a little warm and stuck? I'm not sure, just curious what you guys think thanks!
05 Turbo AT, Black, 95k miles, Texas car in MI (not Flooded, I think...)
Also 04 Forester XS AT, 173k miles, MI car and shows
~Scot