Unique Headlights

Marketplace for Subaru Baja & Brat related things. Vehicles, accessories, eBay auctions...

Moderators: mikenmel08, 03ClassicYellow

Adum Dum
Scoobytruck Lurker

Unique Headlights

Post by Adum Dum »

Looking to buy a set of these, or something of a similar style. I'd be thrilled if someone had them on hand or could find a link. Thanks.

Last edited by Adum Dum on Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
noethx
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Unique Headlights

Post by noethx »

I bought a set like these not too long ago:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/115332775407?f ... Sw4K9iTx3w

These will physically fit in the headlight spaces your Baja has, and the electrical bits aren't too tough to sort out.
What most folks, myself included, don't seem to realize is that because these are made for RHD vehicles, there is extra light cast into oncoming traffic instead of the ground beside the road to your right, assuming you're somewhere that drives on the correct side of the road...

USD light pattern: _/ _/ verses JDM light pattern: \_ \_

You can break these headlights open and alter a thin metal shield that creates this pattern to be nice to your fellow drivers, or don't and be like those jacked up trucks that never adjust their headlights after their lift kits are installed. :roll:
Adum Dum
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Adum Dum »

Sorry, I should have linked the picture, otherwise you have to scroll down through the auction page. I'm specifically looking for this style, might be custom made. I had thought about the light direction swap, and was figuring I'd have to do some alterations, don't yet know if there's any symmetry achievable, or if I'll have to do a modification like you detailed.
noethx
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by noethx »

No worries! I do not recognize those and would guess they are custom.
If you go the custom route, https://www.morimotohid.com/ can't be beat.
Plus, you don't have to worry about all that blinding light stuff if you just pop in some projectors.
I'm juggling all these options at the moment, too. Good luck and keep us posted!