FREE, FREE, FREE

Marketplace for Subaru Baja & Brat related things. Vehicles, accessories, eBay auctions...

Moderators: mikenmel08, 03ClassicYellow

Pigmypony
Scoobytruck Lurker

FREE, FREE, FREE

Post by Pigmypony »

'03 baja 2.5l engine gaskets, seals, etc. leftovers from many projects. all are brand new. At least 2 complete sets, less rear main seals.
'03 5 speed trans. is currently disassembled. complete less viscous coupler. should have new bearings installed.
SOLD my 2003 baja. no longer need. also have engine timing cover set, p/s pump[s], a/c compressor, alt.... whatever I have left over, If you can use it.
it's yours. located in south east Pa. 18034 zip code

Also have...
2003 baja 2.5l engine, rebuilt. complete, less intake manifold. under 200 miles on rebuild.....asking $1000.00

absolutely no responses/interest.. ALL parts [except engine] have been scrapped.
engine is still available, price is slightly negotiable.
SoobyToo58
Scoobytruck Master

Re: FREE, FREE, FREE

Post by SoobyToo58 »

Hi,
I might be interested in the engine. Can you tell me everything about it?

Is it a SOHC Baja engine?
Who rebuilt it?
What was replaced?
Are all the replaced parts new?

Can't think of other questions now but I'll probably think of more later!
Thank You!
Pigmypony
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Pigmypony »

purchased a "JDM" engine, replaced Cly head gaskets, ALL timing components, water pump, oil pump, windage tray, oil pan, Oil pick up tube, rod bearings [were questionable, so I replaced them] installed engine until I could rebuild original numbers matching engine for my Baja, then removed and has been wrapped and sitting on a stand ever since. It is a 2.5l SOHC.EJ25 Non turbo engine. I rebuilt the engine. I am a certified ASE master mechanic, Ford certified master mechanic, Chevrolet certified mechanic. Over 35 years of turning wrenches. Engine has approx. 180 miles and never missed a beat. Just wanted to have the correct engine in the car to sell. now I have a 2022 Impreza and don't need this engine anymore. A "JDM" engine will run you about $1500. and you will have to replace most of the parts I have already replaced. ALL of the parts I have replaced are brand new. Oil pan, windage tray and pick up tube are for a 2003 Non turbo Baja. NO upper intake manifold, [will have to do some part swapping on your own] DOES NOT include flywheel/flex plate. Either one will swap over from your original engine. Oh Yeah...crank pulley and left side cam sprocket [NEW] are for 2003 Baja. May have to be swapped with your original sprockets if required! Still have a couple of accessories I am more than willing to include, NO CHARGE. I have over $2000 in this engine, just want it gone, need the room. Can't bring myself to scrap it!!
Pigmypony
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Pigmypony »

ALL PARTS ARE NOW SCRAPPED!!! NO INTEREST FROM MULTIPLE ADS...SORRY.
gearhead846
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by gearhead846 »

Hey man, although I know yourve already scrapped the parts and all, do you mind if I pick your brain a little on how to do the jdm 2.0 swap on a baja??
Pigmypony
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Pigmypony »

only question is , is there a particular reason for not just replacing with the 2.5L? I mean you would need to swap harness, pcm, and a lot of other items to do it right. The 2.5 is readily available.
Pigmypony
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Pigmypony »

i'm not trying to give you any flak. i was just wondering. i will gladly give you any assistance i can, may even be able to hook you up with some parts.