WTB Pipe Covers LH, RH, RL

Marketplace for Subaru Baja & Brat related things. Vehicles, accessories, eBay auctions...

Moderators: mikenmel08, 03ClassicYellow

Bongiojf
Scoobytruck Lurker

WTB Pipe Covers LH, RH, RL

Post by Bongiojf »

Hello,

the Pipe covers on my 2003 Baja are starting to crack. Only the lower left is available from the parts stores. Anybody have any ideas on where to find these items or a repair?
ZUBAJA
Scoobytruck Master

Re: WTB Pipe Covers LH, RH, RL

Post by ZUBAJA »

I guess this means I am lucky. My L/L was broken, and while in the process of disassembling my Baja for painting I ordered a replacement from my local Subaru dealer. I was impressed that it was available and came so quickly. I now guess it was the only one available. From my searching, the other option is buying complete used tube assemblies of ebay from parts yards. Dennis
Bongiojf
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Bongiojf »

It appears you are lucky. I haven't seen any on ebay but I will keep looking. Thanks for the reply
ZUBAJA
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ZUBAJA »

Currently, there is one on there (124.00 - pricey) You have to be creative as used parts places don't know what to call them. I usually search under "Subaru Baja roll bar". You can use bed brace, cab bar etc. Usually, I se them for around 75.00 - 100.00. There is one seller parting out an 03 Baja in North Carolina. I'm surprised somebody with a 3D printer hasn't started this market yet. In disassembling mine, I found the bed trim to be extremely brittle after 20 years of sun exposure. Dennis
greymud
Scoobytruck Master

Post by greymud »

This seems to be something easily 3d printed.

I have no experience in it, but if someone could scan them, it seems easy to me.
05 NA 5MT
Bongiojf
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Bongiojf »

Good point. I know someone with a printer. Maybe they can crank one out. The correct material will be important. Uv resistance important.
Leon in PA
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Leon in PA »

I plan to ship parts to a guy with a professional scanner, looking online, best UV resistant filament I saw was ASA
greymud
Scoobytruck Master

Post by greymud »

Looks like ASA is probably best. Maybe a vinyl wrap on it?
05 NA 5MT
ZUBAJA
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ZUBAJA »

For what it's worth, when I assemble my Baja after painting, all the plastic bed trim, including the "pipe ends" will be getting a couple of coats of black "Rhino liner" and a couple of coats of clear over that. I've uses Rhino liner on a lot of projects in the past and had previously sprayed the roof rails (front to back ones). I have already done the black trim that runs around the side windows. Dennis