Alternatives to selling - options? Thanks in advance

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Vega
Scoobytruck Lurker

Alternatives to selling - options? Thanks in advance

Post by Vega »

Hi there! The easy answer to this post is sell the Baja.
This is what I have going on - I have an awesome "06 Baja in an area where it's the only silver Baja around. In November 2021, I found out that my Baja was being tracked by my abusive ex spouse through its VIN (He also was tracking the toll transponder and had placed a tracking device on the car - both of which I reported to the police and led to no warrant for arrest although I have a protective order in place)
Because he has the VIN, any time I do even simple maintenance at my local shop, he looks up the info (same with toll transponder access) My shop knows, Valvoline knows, toll transponder place knows, Subaru local and national knows, CT DMV knows but it's been 9 times he's changed my Baja's info to his contact info.
I thought about paint job, but that doesn't solve the VIN issue.
He's tracking where I get service done and then also my travel patterns so for my son and I've safety, I have to think also my awesome Baja's VIN way too much.
So, what am I not thinking of? Anything other than sell my Baja?
Redbird
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Alternatives to selling - options? Thanks in advance

Post by Redbird »

What if you could find someone on this site that has one of equal value in the same color and was willing to trade. Might cost you a few dollars but could that end the vin tracking?
joedavex
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by joedavex »

Redbird wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:53 am What if you could find someone on this site that has one of equal value in the same color and was willing to trade. Might cost you a few dollars but could that end the vin tracking?
That's a nifty idea! I have a silver '04 turbo Baja in CT I'd be willing to trade! Mine is starting to require rust mitigation so may not be the ideal choice :D
Gray 05 Turbo AT
Silver 04 Turbo AT
Black 04 Turbo AT
and assorted other vehicles....
Vega
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Vega »

Hi. That you for those ideas. Truly, I really appreciate the feedback. Today was frustrating. Because the courthouse is aware of the tracking of my Baja, they had me park out front during today's restraining order hearing. After the hearing ended, I waited inside while the other person left. However, when the he saw the Baja, he stopped and took photos of my Baja and my license tag, and hustled away while the town clerk and I watched. What a bummer! So, it will take me a few days just to sort through what to do next, but I know the answer from my son and I's safety is not keep my Baja.