Bed Covers

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

lpcard
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Bed Covers

Post by lpcard »

I put an Ozzbros cover on my 2003, and everything was just hunky dory until yesterday when it wouldn't lock. One of the lugs of the lock was broken, and all of a sudden the two pieces of the lock didn't mate up any more. I took the spacer off between the lock and the cover and removed the broken lug piece, but I'm wondering why everything went out of whack like it did. Anyone else have the same problem?
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

lpcard wrote:I put an Ozzbros cover on my 2003, and everything was just hunky dory until yesterday when it wouldn't lock. One of the lugs of the lock was broken, and all of a sudden the two pieces of the lock didn't mate up any more. I took the spacer off between the lock and the cover and removed the broken lug piece, but I'm wondering why everything went out of whack like it did. Anyone else have the same problem?
My lock broke as well, but you can find an exact replacement at ACE hardware. Your post is old, but I thought I'd reply just for informational purposes. ;)
darthsoob
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by darthsoob »

Hi All. My first post on Scoobytruck. Does anyone know what the OzzBro lid has for a core material? It's not plywood or OSB under the vinyl cover is it? Thanks!
312baja
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by 312baja »

I believe it's plywood. Ask one of the brothers for details, they are a small outfit & super nice. I'm sure they'd answer any specific questions you may have.
picklebill
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by picklebill »

I bought a new Ozzbros bed cover about a month ago - really surprised they still make them. So far, it is a great cover. We really like the fact it is so easily removable. I think the core is plywood - I had to drill a hole in it to install a small loop of wire to pull on so I can open the cover without dropping the tailgate.

What a pleasure dealing with this company. It isn't often that you can call a company and one of the owners answers the phone! And the cover is surprisingly water tight. We have had about 8 inches of rain here since I installed the cover, and the bed stays almost dry.

Bill
themoneypit
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by themoneypit »

just posted my factory hard cover in for sale threads. from my 05 baja turbo. complete with all locks, latches, keys, etc... check it out
spazomatic
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by spazomatic »

I have an Ozzbros cover on my '06, and it's great! the only downside is that living on a dirt road, all that dust can really collect on everything in the bed, since air isn't bein blown through like runnin without a cover.

so my question is, has anyone tried to really seal the bed? specifically the gaps at the tailgate. it's kindof a lumpy area
mladen99
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by mladen99 »

I want to buy an ARE cap. used, but where?
mladen84@bitex.bg
mladen84@mail.bg

SUBARU BAJA 2005 2.5L MT 165HP
From Bulgaria / Europe
AirplaneTim
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by AirplaneTim »

I think Subaru offers something similar to that ARE cover as a factory option, don't they? I think they call it an Outback.
theluckyone17
Scoobytruck Master

Post by theluckyone17 »

I'd like to see someone take the back roof off their Outback as easily as that cap is removed.

That's part of the versatility of a cap. You know, being able to take it off? 8)
Onyx: 2006 Baja Sport
TLOC
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by TLOC »

Snuglid SL
Baja 005.jpg
Baja 005.jpg (29.5 KiB) Viewed 39683 times
Snuglid
Snuglid
Baja 001.jpg (31.3 KiB) Viewed 39683 times
Baja 003.jpg
Baja 003.jpg (27.96 KiB) Viewed 39683 times
Like the Snuglid but considering selling to get the Ozzsbro and the bed extender...I think I want something that can be removed easier. Any chance someone has the installation instructions so I can remove it the first time correctly...Tony
eodbaja
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by eodbaja »

how much would you be selling it for?
Subaru nutt 199
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Subaru nutt 199 »

Dose someone know if they have replaced the looks on the original hard bed cover because the original one has ruster completely and now it isn't secure
carsonater
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by carsonater »

My attempt at a homemade bed cover!
Attachments
Bed Cover.jpg
Bed Cover.jpg (174.86 KiB) Viewed 38880 times
Rizzo
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Rizzo »