Bed Covers

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

BajaCanuck
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Bed Covers

Post by BajaCanuck »

Loving that diamond-plate cover too. Found a description by a guy who built one for his Ridgeline here (pics about halfway down):
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/foru ... 752&page=2

Imagine someone could use that example to create (and post, of course) the same for a Baja.

Personally I've had no complaints about the soft top that came with my (new to me) Baja until winter hit. Now it's tight and hard to open and close... rather annoying. Starting to consider my options...
Zooom
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Zooom »

anybody be able to identify this cover that is on this Baja?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subaru-B ... 3caba3830b

it certainly ain't the Ozzbros or the Snuglid and looks way too sharp to be a homemade jobber.
Danfzzl
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Danfzzl »

i cant find anything on that, but its sweet as heck. i wouldn't mind one lol im thinking its a custom job from a company cuz of the sticker underneath it. im ganna keep lookin for any info on it though.
Dan
http://theravensedge.com/
Baja Mods: Class 1 hitch, Dash light conversion to blue, Ozzbros bed cover, 2 Hella 500 Fog lights Mounted on front bumped bracket
YBajaSteve
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by YBajaSteve »

wow that is a cool one, im going to save those pics for future reference once the listing goes away!

Check out more pics!<<<<<< Cardomain Page. *******SOLD THE BAJA*********** But im still around, PM me if urgent!
twheats1
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by twheats1 »

Is that the optional factory cover that was available the Turbos?
YBajaSteve

Post by YBajaSteve »

i thought the factory one was a two piece and not shiny like this one. Every time I look at it im jealous. nice looking piece.
Check out more pics!<<<<<< Cardomain Page. *******SOLD THE BAJA*********** But im still around, PM me if urgent!
corgimas
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by corgimas »

is that the Penda top???
Kites Kayaks & Corgis
bgc
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by bgc »

Every reference I find (old ones) indicates it is a Penda. I am not able to find any info on a Penda that is made today! Snuglid is similar but does not look as good.

Subaru cover is two piece and expensive to replace if you buy all new parts. (828.00 quote from dealer) I have replaced all the screws (bad rust) and the total latching mechanism. ($ 200.00) It is definitely not water proof. I waterproofed all the screw receptacles so it should leak less.

Now that I have cleaned it up and painted and replaced all screws it looks good. It is parked in a garage so it will probably last a lot longer. :D
YBajaSteve

Post by YBajaSteve »

after talking about this cover in this thread, i happened upon a baja in a walmart parking lot on friday, that had this exact cover! i didnt want to wait around for the owner, (and scare them) but i did throw a spotted card on their windshield so who knows!!!
Ahzlon
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Ahzlon »

Hey all, I ordered a SnugTop yesterday 06/21/10. Should see it in about a month. I'll post pics up when she arrives and if you all would like I could do a nice detailed install write up.
Danfzzl
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Danfzzl »

Awesome, cant wait to see it!
Dan
http://theravensedge.com/
Baja Mods: Class 1 hitch, Dash light conversion to blue, Ozzbros bed cover, 2 Hella 500 Fog lights Mounted on front bumped bracket
njswampbuggy
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by njswampbuggy »

This has been great. Got some really wonderful ideas. The prices of bed covers for our vehicles seem really steep, paid much less for a tonneau for my fullsize pickup...I know, less market. But with what I've seen and learned here, I think I can DIY a pretty good cover. Work is a bear right now so might take some time, but will keep you posted. Again, many thanks!
[smilie=666.gif]
.....Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey....
njswampbuggy
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by njswampbuggy »

Just made my patterns and have been looking at some pics and just have to ask, what keeps an Ozzbros cover down? Just friction, as in real tight fit, and the door lock on the back? Won't the vinyl wear through from rubbing on the bed sides? Just curious.
Buck Rogers
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Buck Rogers »

A tight fit, and the lock. You don't have to lock it for it to stay put though. Ive had mine for almost six years, and it is holding up well.

Buck
njswampbuggy
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by njswampbuggy »

Thanks for the answers Buck. That's just what I needed.