New owner and Baja stereo upgrade

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

rabidnemo
Scoobytruck Lurker

New owner and Baja stereo upgrade

Post by rabidnemo »

Hello everyone! I am the proud and new owner of a 2005 garnet red Baja Turbo w/ leather :D. I just picked it up 3 days ago, and can barely keep myself contained. I had no idea it would be such a fun car, and I absorb all of the weird looks from other drivers with glee!

It came with quite a few options, including the bed cover, extender, upgraded speakers, etc. I have owned many subarus in the past (grew up in small Maine town and our family had four 4x4 Subs at one point), but this car far surpasses anything I have enjoyed in the past. It's my first new one, and was a joy to pick up with only 40 miles on it - especially since there were only two turbos available in the entire state of WA when I bought it :o .

Anyhoo, I wanted to mention that I did some research, and had a new double-din Pioneer AVIC-D1 installed yesterday with the XM radio/traffic module and iPod connector. It was an amazing fit in the Baja, and the night screen (darker background) that changes when the lights turn on is a perfect match for the dash illumination. It's a somewhat pricey stereo at $2,400 installed w/ options, but sounds great with the stock upgraded speakers w/out an amp, and has tons of features like MP3 CD's, iPod controls, 6.5" touch screen, full nav w/ traffic, and XM radio. The screen is 1440x250~ resolution, so it's the prettiest out there. It doesn't play DVD's, but you can hook up everything from headrest screens, game systems, backup cameras to TV tuners and DVD changers. Too much fun! My son affectionately named GPS lady Velma, since I suppose I have a scooby truck!

I've enjoyed reading on this site, and appreciate a site where people aren't being rude and mean to others. This is by far my favorite Baja website, and look forward to contributing! If I can find a place to store my pics on the inet, I'll throw some up.

Cheers!

Michael
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

yeah, pics would be cool, i think jaxed has a place he can upload your pics for posting... welcome!great to see more members joining everyday, eventually we will have hundreds of members and all kinds of cool mods going on, im sure... seems kinda pricey to me though, since it cant play dvd's but the touch screen thing is really cool. congrats on your baja buy, ive loved mine since day 1 and have only recently been learning to contain myself :lol:
'05 Baja-T M/T white/silver
370 awhp
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Re: New owner and Baja stereo upgrade

Post by jaxed »

rabidnemo wrote:Hello everyone! I am the proud and new owner of a 2005 garnet red Baja Turbo w/ leather :D. I just picked it up 3 days ago, and can barely keep myself contained. I had no idea it would be such a fun car, and I absorb all of the weird looks from other drivers with glee!
Above and beyond that, you are the 100th user of this site! Congrats! (sorry, no prizes)
rabidnemo wrote: It's a somewhat pricey stereo at $2,400 installed w/ options, but sounds great with the stock upgraded speakers w/out an amp, and has tons of features like MP3 CD's, iPod controls, 6.5" touch screen, full nav w/ traffic, and XM radio.

Drool. This kinda makes my stock head unit with an FM modulator look lame. LOL
rabidnemo wrote:I've enjoyed reading on this site, and appreciate a site where people aren't being rude and mean to others. This is by far my favorite Baja website, and look forward to contributing! If I can find a place to store my pics on the inet, I'll throw some up.
Check this thread to upload pix: How to upload pix.

Welcome to the site.
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Re: New owner and Baja stereo upgrade

Post by cliffhanger »

jaxed wrote:Above and beyond that, you are the 100th user of this site! Congrats! (sorry, no prizes)
dammit, i just realized i hadnt congratulated him on #100, and i wanted to be the first :lol: i cant believe you beat me [smilie=grrrrrr.gif]
'05 Baja-T M/T white/silver
370 awhp
rabidnemo
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by rabidnemo »

Sweet - 100! That's awesome. Glad to see the group is growing!

Here's the stereo - Image. I hope the link comes out okay. Yeah, it was pricey, but since I got it so close to the car purchase I tried to think of it like paying for the "option" on the car. Now that I've used it more, I've started to really enjoy it. I discovered that you can listen to a baseball game and the screen shows all of the stats (outs, strikes, inning, etc.) and it updates in real time. I especially like that my Baja now knows the way to nearly every Starbucks in the entire country!

A few other fun uses I've discovered in the past week:
Mobile pug transport:

Sleeper sofa disposal unit:

Sorry if the images are large - I may try 800x600 or less next time (downgraded already from 7.2mp). BTW - I have the FM modulator for my iPod in my Pacifica - only way I can easily integrate it :cry: