Snugtop seals

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

aarockonthedarkside
Scoobytruck Lurker

Snugtop seals

Post by aarockonthedarkside »

Anyone have info on where to buy replacement seals. For the snugtop. And struts. I only have 1 side and half is missing at that. Any help be great. I'm in North TX.
greymud
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Snugtop seals

Post by greymud »

I finally got around to taking my snuglid off to work on it. There's a local shop that makes gaskets and does hand cutting as needed. I'll post pics and tell them to keep a template in case there's orders from online. It may be a 'mail a check with your order' type thing, but it's a reliable shop I've dealt with for a decade for work stuff.

No timeline. I hope I don't break anything removing them.
05 NA 5MT
aarockonthedarkside
Scoobytruck Lurker

That would be awesome. I'm up for even making some out of an inner tube if I have to. But only 1 of the big rear ones was I. Tact and it was haging on by glue and just barely at that. So I weather strip glued it back in place till I figure out what to do.
aarockonthedarkside
Scoobytruck Lurker

That would be awesome. I'm up for even making some out of an inner tube if I have to. But only 1 of the big rear ones was in Tact and it was haging on by glue and just barely at that. So I weather strip glued it back in place till I figure out what to do.
Last edited by aarockonthedarkside on Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HaHaBajAlcyone
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by HaHaBajAlcyone »

Having them made is probably the only solution...apparently there were some NOS items around a few years ago but they are all gone.
If someone can truly fabricate them sucessfully, that would be a big deal. I rebuilt a Snugtop a year ago or so... fortunately my gaskets were still viable. 8)
Keep the thread updated please...
aarockonthedarkside
Scoobytruck Lurker

Thanks for your input. Someone with the know how and a rubber 3d printer needs to jump In in here. Lol. [smilie=666.gif]
robert_gabriel
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by robert_gabriel »

I if could get the measurements of the rubber stripping, I am thinking of have some made. also most of the pictures I have seen show the bigger strip on the main lid, not the cab shelf.
Leon in PA
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Leon in PA »

greymud wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:09 am I finally got around to taking my snuglid off to work on it. There's a local shop that makes gaskets and does hand cutting as needed. I'll post pics and tell them to keep a template in case there's orders from online. It may be a 'mail a check with your order' type thing, but it's a reliable shop I've dealt with for a decade for work stuff.

No timeline. I hope I don't break anything removing them.
Any update on seals for a snuglid?
greymud
Scoobytruck Master

Post by greymud »

Sorry, I have since sold my snuglid.

If you get them off and want to ship one pair to me, I can see what they can make.
05 NA 5MT
Leon in PA
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Leon in PA »

greymud wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:38 am Sorry, I have since sold my snuglid.

If you get them off and want to ship one pair to me, I can see what they can make.
Thanks for the reply, I might try to 3D print something
Taylor.Baja
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Taylor.Baja »

For anyone who comes across this feed, I can now make Snuglid replacement seals. I made a silicone mold out of a good condition pair of seals and am using Urethane 60A from McMaster Carr to create a new seal. I'm adding roughly 1% UV Resistance additive to try and help them last at least a couple years. I created a post on the Facebook group Subaru Baja Owners Club, reach out to me there if the need arises.
-Taylor F.