Post pics or yourself and your Baja.

The graveyard. Where tired, old threads are moved.
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

Nice! I got a chance to fly a 6A that a buddy of mine has. Ton of fun! Ive got another friend whos building (slowly)an RV4. I'm sure you two will enjoy it. Is it going to have a Subaru engine?
cyphergirl
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cyphergirl »

Hawk296 wrote:Nice! I got a chance to fly a 6A that a buddy of mine has. Ton of fun! Ive got another friend whos building (slowly)an RV4. I'm sure you two will enjoy it. Is it going to have a Subaru engine?
I would love to have a Subie engine in it. Obviously, we've got a long way to go (since we've just ordered the wing kit), and John seems to be enjoying researching every single option out there; so the jury is still out on Subie.
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

So what is John leaning towards?? Or its too far down the road to look into yet. I remember Volkswagon and Corvair engines being used, too. But that stuff is getting a bit old. If you lean towards classic engines though, one of them would prob work. Mike
cyphergirl
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cyphergirl »

mbaksic wrote:So what is John leaning towards?? Or its too far down the road to look into yet. I remember Volkswagon and Corvair engines being used, too. But that stuff is getting a bit old. If you lean towards classic engines though, one of them would prob work. Mike
He keeps speaking the word "Lycoming", followed by a bunch of Tim Taylor sounds. :lol:
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Lycoming is a well known engine, been around forever. I don't know much about it though. Seen a bunch of them at EAA a few weeks ago. Its amazing how something so small can produce enough power to keep an airplane in the air!! Mike
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

But a certified Lyco is EXPENSIVE! One of the great things about homebuilts is flexibility on the engine choice. Although insurance companies might have a different take on that. I seem to remember seeing a turboprop application on an RV....