Highest miles on a Baja (so far!)?

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

laffin_boy
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Highest miles on a Baja (so far!)?

Post by laffin_boy »

This in my "new" 5-speed '05 Baja Sport:

I'm the 2nd owner. I just BOUGHT it at 317,400 miles - which must put me in the top 10% for the highest mileage in this thread.

The body is original - no recorded accidents. It's getting a new clutch today but otherwise it's in amazingly good shape for it's age.
Gbianchi
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Gbianchi »

Bought an 03 maroon and silver in 2020 with 325,xxx on it, did all new brakes, timing belt, coil and plugs, tranny seal, strut brace, bug shield, and ran up to 327xxx. On December 7 2022 my wife turned in front of a dodge ram 1500, she got into a head on, both air bags deployed, the dodge stopped just short of the windshield, Baja front bumper was not touched, Baja totaled, wife walked away from it with both legs badly bruised, left one diagnosis a week later was no break, yay. So we had our own Subaru commercial in real life, YEP she lived! Now we are looking to replace it with another Baja but they are very expensive to buy if you can find one, we paid 4200 for her Baja, hoping to find one soon, but thankfully Subaru Baja was built TO protect its owner!
Gbianchi
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Gbianchi »

Update, we have 2 "new" Baja s, one is 05 sport 5speed, a little rough around the edges but mechanically sound, and a 03 garage queen, almost perfect, and the perfect replacement for the wife, we are very happy! Oh and the new neighbors have a maroon and silver just like the old one she totaled, so 4 bajas in a quarter mile, go figure?
Gerund
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Gerund »

Hi there! You all are giving me so much relief and joy that my Baja may have a lot more life in it! I have an '05 Baja Turbo, only owner, no accidents, and it just reached 100,000 miles recently. Mine's the two-tone gray/silver, and I love it so much. I've had to replace the timing belt and radiator, and I juuuust replaced the AC compressor. Other than that, with general maintenance like oil/tires/brakes type stuff, it's been a dream car. I have been worrying, though, that maybe it's going to start failing due to age. But bc of all your replies, I'm thinking it's only at 1/3 of its life! I've been afraid to take it over the Grapevine bc the last time I did that, I had the radiator issue, but maybe I just need to get out of my head--and onto the open road! Seriously, thank you all for the scoobytruck pep talk!
Trunc
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Trunc »

Wow, mine is only at 100,000 I guess there is more life in it.