Baja Roll on Liner

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

RickBaja06
Scoobytruck Contributer

Baja Roll on Liner

Post by RickBaja06 »

I finally applied my roll-on-liner this past Sunday.
So far no issues with chipping or lifting off the Poly-Pro Liner.

Let me know what you think.
Attachments
Bajabed.JPG
Bajabed.JPG (195.48 KiB) Viewed 8819 times
Snorkeled
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Baja Roll on Liner

Post by Snorkeled »

I like the way it turned out !
casteater
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by casteater »

Looks Awesome!! [smilie=666.gif] [smilie=666.gif]
RickBaja06
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by RickBaja06 »

A few more pics...
Attachments
bedside-view2.jpg
bedside-view2.jpg (164.94 KiB) Viewed 8786 times
bedside-view.jpg
bedside-view.jpg (183.68 KiB) Viewed 8785 times
seaview
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by seaview »

Looks great, I used that stuff a few years ago on my kids truck.........messy but looks good and holds up pretty well.................Pete L.
YBajaSteve
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by YBajaSteve »

looks way better than i woulda imagined. how expensive is that stuff? I would definatly like to do that in mine. WELL DONE!!!!!
Check out more pics!<<<<<< Cardomain Page. *******SOLD THE BAJA*********** But im still around, PM me if urgent!
RickBaja06
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by RickBaja06 »

I used Herculiner, cost about $80.00. The key is that if the bed is cleaned, it will stick to the Poly-Pro plastic bed. If the bed is not clean the Herculiner will not bond. In either case hurculiner was not meant for applictions onto PP plastic. If it chips, just re-apply.
RickBaja06
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by RickBaja06 »

It has been a few weeks now that the roll on liner was applied, and I am happy to report that I have had no issues. The liner is sticking very well to the plastic bed.
jaxed

Post by jaxed »

What about applying it to the body cladding... That seems like it might be cool.
bulwnkl
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bulwnkl »

Nice work, Rick!
YBajaSteve

Post by YBajaSteve »

jaxed wrote:What about applying it to the body cladding... That seems like it might be cool.

Ive wondered about doing something like this for a long time, this is just a quick photo shop i did, this is what i would ultimately do to my baja if i ever had to get it repainted.
Check out more pics!<<<<<< Cardomain Page. *******SOLD THE BAJA*********** But im still around, PM me if urgent!
Alpha Wolf
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Alpha Wolf »

How well does the roll on liners hold up?

I love the Rino Liner coating I had on my Full Size truck. But it was the hot type and it was really thick and man it was tough and I never was able to scratch or chip any of it off anywhere in years of hauling all kinds of stuff in the bed.

Why did you do this as the Baja has the plastic clad lining? Was yours getting scratched up etc?

How well is the roll on holding up ie bonding to the plastic?
Turbo
YBajaSteve

Post by YBajaSteve »

well if you look in here most recent post, which was really recent, he says its bonded great and hes having no issues! sounds like a cool thing to try out. I can imagine its nice not having everything sliding around back there on that slick plastic has got to be nice.
jaxed

Post by jaxed »

YBajaSteve wrote:Ive wondered about doing something like this for a long time, this is just a quick photo shop i did, this is what i would ultimately do to my baja if i ever had to get it repainted.
Exactly! My Baja is black, so I think it would work well. And, the cladding is getting door-dinged, the rear bumper has a nice big scratch in it... One way to cover all that up!
Alpha Wolf
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Alpha Wolf »

YBajaSteve wrote:well if you look in here most recent post, which was really recent, he says its bonded great and hes having no issues! sounds like a cool thing to try out. I can imagine its nice not having everything sliding around back there on that slick plastic has got to be nice.

I did look and note what he stated.

However, a month old job does not a long term test make. In less than a month it has not gone through much either in loads or in climatic temperature changes.

I had my hot liner in for 10 years. Never came loose. Never flaked or chipped etc. That included filling the bed with 3000 lbs of broken concrete, loading bricks, motorcycles, Large dogs, oak firewood, over and over.

I would like to hear from him over time to see if he has any issues over a year or more. One month after install is not much of a test to base whether or not it has bonded well or not.

It would be nice to not be so slippery back there. Not sure if the wife would allow me to put any liner on her Baja as she is one of those rare owners who loves all things factory and hates all things aftermarket.

If it does bond well it may be a very good option though.
Turbo