Blow Off Valve - 2006 Baja Turbo -

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

RickBaja06
Scoobytruck Contributer

Blow Off Valve - 2006 Baja Turbo -

Post by RickBaja06 »

I am looking for a blow-off-valve for my 2006 Turbo Baja.
Does anyone currently have one installed?
Which model?
How much?
Who did you order it from?

Any performance issues after the install?

If you have pictures of it installed can you post it?

Thanks
Rick
Alpha Wolf
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: Blow Off Valve - 2006 Baja Turbo -

Post by Alpha Wolf »

I am as well. But I have learned the stocker does not really hurt performance much unlike the one on my Mazda CX-7. On that I have installed a Forge unit and it sounds great and holds boost.

The issue with one is to be able to tune it so it holds pressure but releases boost pressure so it doe not cause the turbo to be damaged. The forge allows you to change springs to tune it. Turbo smart BPVs allow you to screw down/up on the spring to change spring/release pressure to tune it.

If you find one post up pictures and a review and install.

On the CX7 installation is two bolts and 2 hoses being moved. 2 minute job.
Turbo
RickBaja06
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by RickBaja06 »

I am still waiting for help on this subject, anyone...
Subiesleeper68
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Subiesleeper68 »

The stock intercooler limits your chices dramatically. Go to NASIOC and look for an 04-07 STI TMIC. It's not a direct bolt on but a lot of Baja people use them. (Myself included. Go Fast Bits Deceptor Pro) Make sure you get one that can recirculate. 100% vent to atmosphere is BAD. LOL Good luck. I'm usually on in the Baja forum of NASIOC. My Baja has the WRX SPT intake, STI TMIC, Alphawerks 4-1 header-uppipe, STI VF39 w/ported wastegate, Pro Drive boost control solenoid and Forge Performance wastegate actuator, Titek downpipe, Random Tech catback, Walbro 255 fuel pump and TurboXS Utec Delta piggy back fuel management. look up "baja sti" on youtube. :twisted:
Alpha Wolf
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Alpha Wolf »

Subiesleeper68 wrote:The stock intercooler limits your chices dramatically. Go to NASIOC and look for an 04-07 STI TMIC. It's not a direct bolt on but a lot of Baja people use them. (Myself included. Go Fast Bits Deceptor Pro) Make sure you get one that can recirculate. 100% vent to atmosphere is BAD. LOL Good luck. I'm usually on in the Baja forum of NASIOC. My Baja has the WRX SPT intake, STI TMIC, Alphawerks 4-1 header-uppipe, STI VF39 w/ported wastegate, Pro Drive boost control solenoid and Forge Performance wastegate actuator, Titek downpipe, Random Tech catback, Walbro 255 fuel pump and TurboXS Utec Delta piggy back fuel management. look up "baja sti" on youtube. :twisted:

I am still looking a doing some things to mildly boost power. Wifey wants it to still look and sound stock though.

So can you tell me what is needed to get an STI intercooler to fit a 2005 turbo and what else is needed to make it work.

The WRX intake may be a possibility too if it mounts high enough. How loud is it? I love turbo sounds. Wifey calls that flushing noises. I have a CAI on my CX7 which she does not like but since that is my car she has no say on it. The Baja is hers so I have to respect her desires.

Thanks for any help or recommendations.
Turbo