bed extender came apart

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

bed extender came apart

Post by davecoon13 »

I removed my bed extender to store it away from the vehicle and it fell apart. The center tubes came apart. It looks like they just screw/twist back together. When I first got the car, the bed extender somehow got too narrow, so that it was pulling the side rail pockets in together. The dealer fixed it at that time by loosening (unscrewing?) those center bars.

Does it screw back together?
Dave Coon
www.nflcrimes.com
SilverStone Metallic
2003 Baja Sport 4EAT
"Capped" with A.R.E. Topper
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Re: bed extender came apart

Post by jaxed »

davecoon13 wrote:I removed my bed extender to store it away from the vehicle and it fell apart. The center tubes came apart. It looks like they just screw/twist back together. When I first got the car, the bed extender somehow got too narrow, so that it was pulling the side rail pockets in together. The dealer fixed it at that time by loosening (unscrewing?) those center bars.

Does it screw back together?
I put my extender together... the bars just fit inside each other... don't think they screw. I think the ends might be tapered down a bit to make it work?
davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Re: bed extender came apart

Post by davecoon13 »

jaxed wrote:... the bars just fit inside each other... I think the ends might be tapered down a bit to make it work?
Thanks. Yes, they are tapered, I will give it a try.
Dave Coon
www.nflcrimes.com
SilverStone Metallic
2003 Baja Sport 4EAT
"Capped" with A.R.E. Topper