Adding Tweeters?

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Trucklet
Scoobytruck Contributer

Adding Tweeters?

Post by Trucklet »

My wife's legacy GT LTD has tweeters on the front doors, opposite the sideview mirrors. The library here indicates that those tweeters are also used on the Baja and I'm thinking of adding them to my '03 classic. Before I go pulling the trim pieces, I want to know if the wires are already there to plug the tweeters into. Does anyone know for sure?
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

Yep they are there, if I remember correctly they may be wrapped up in a bit of foam. The trim pieces pull of easily as well.

Bob
Trucklet
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Trucklet »

bajabob wrote:Yep they are there, if I remember correctly they may be wrapped up in a bit of foam. The trim pieces pull of easily as well.

Bob
Excellent. Thanks Bob. I'm off to eBay.
Flowmastered87GL
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Flowmastered87GL »

Takes 5 minutes if you take your time. 1-2 minutes if you are fast :)
2005 Baja Sport, 51k ("NU BRAT")
2004 Freightliner Columbia Day Cab 504k
Trucklet
Scoobytruck Contributer

Finally added the tweeters...

Post by Trucklet »

Went in just as easily as everyone said. Nice improvement in sound (for the stock speakers). Anyone care to share an opinion on which to upgrade next, headunit or door speakers? Subwoofer is a distant 3rd option. Thanks for the help so far.
Flowmastered87GL
Scoobytruck Master

I would say door speakers. Still havent got to mine. I will likely do those, the sub, heated mirrors, sport activity lights and short shift kit at the same time.
Trucklet
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Trucklet »

Flowmastered87GL wrote:I would say door speakers. Still havent got to mine. I will likely do those, the sub, heated mirrors, sport activity lights and short shift kit at the same time.
Wow, sounds like quite a few worthwhile projects on your plate. I was thinking door speakers first, but I hate the thought or removing/replacing the panels. Seems like there is always at least one clip or fastener that doesn't go back quite the same way it was to start with. Maybe I'll just let the folks at Best Buy do it for me, next time they are having a free installation event.
Flowmastered87GL
Scoobytruck Master

I want to do everything at once since you have to take part of the console out to do half of those things on the list.... (sub, shifter and lights) just install it all at once and not risk breaking the console fasteners 3 times.