DRL Bulb Replacement?

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

DRL Bulb Replacement?

Post by davecoon13 »

A co-worker told me my passenger side headlight was out when I pulled into the parking lot at work this morning. I haven't been back out to my car, the thing is I did not have the headlights on, so it must have been the DRL. The owner's manual only says how to replace the high and low beam headlight bulbs, but dosen't refrence replacing the DRL bulbs.

Is the DRL the same as the low beam? I am gonna check it out after work, but if someone knows this answer, please reply.
Dave Coon
www.nflcrimes.com
SilverStone Metallic
2003 Baja Sport 4EAT
"Capped" with A.R.E. Topper
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

Yep if you have a classic model (the one with the black line across the headlight) the low beam bulb does the daytime running lights. It's the upper H1 halogen bulb. I have replaced mine with Hella +30 bulbs for some extra light.

Bob
davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Post by davecoon13 »

bajabob wrote:...if you have a classic model (the one with the black line across the headlight) the low beam bulb does the daytime running lights.
Nope, I have the el cheapo Sport version. If I had it to do over again, I would have gotten the classic model. There was one bulb, it cost $12 at Pepboys.

There is a white plastic ring that twists clockwise to lock the bulb in place, but I had to secure that ring with duct tape because I could not get it to engage properly to hold the bulb in.

Is there a trick to get that ring to twist? The owners manual for my Baja Sport depicted the classic model with 2 seprate lamps, even though mine has only one bulb on each side.
Dave Coon
www.nflcrimes.com
SilverStone Metallic
2003 Baja Sport 4EAT
"Capped" with A.R.E. Topper