Park Lights won't turn off....??

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

Dark Pony
Scoobytruck Contributer

Park Lights won't turn off....??

Post by Dark Pony »

Hey guys I just got done washing my car and now the rear lights and the park lights wont shut off. ??? They key is out and the lights are off but the lights wont shut off! any idea? when i start the car the lights shut off...please help!
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

Let me guess and say you did your interior as well - like by that switch on top of the column right behind the stearing wheel that got bumped the wrong way

Bob
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

bajabob wrote:Let me guess and say you did your interior as well - like by that switch on top of the column right behind the stearing wheel that got bumped the wrong way

Bob
:lol: agreed, flip that switch on the column back where it belongs.
Crickos
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Crickos »

Kinda have to chuckle on this one :lol:

After we got our first Baja 3 years ago, we did the same thing. Spent about an hour trying to figure out why the heck the dang lights won't shut off... wife called the dealership and I still think I could hear they service manager chuckling on the other end of the phone while knowing full well that the salesman showed us that switch atleast 3 times!

I felt about an inch tall after that. Best part... 2 years later, we did the exact same thing forgetting about that switch... I crawled in a hole for a few hours the 2nd time around. After that, installed a small LED wired inline with the switch that turns on when the switch is on.

Andy
Dark Pony
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Dark Pony »

bajabob wrote:Let me guess and say you did your interior as well - like by that switch on top of the column right behind the stearing wheel that got bumped the wrong way

Bob
LOL well you guys were rigth on ;) i'm retarded...spend about a half an hour trying to figure it out. I just cleaned the engine so i was freaking out that i had messed up some electrical or something. its ok you can laugh...LOL ;)
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

Don't feel too bad about it - it seems to happen a lot, in fact there is a sticky of this problem in NASIOC's electrical section with over 11000 views! -
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=84

Bob
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

haha, yup, im an idiot too, when it happened to me i had taken it somewhere to give the interior a once over ( i was in a hurry and lazy ) and when i got it home i was like "WTF!!". I sure felt like an idiot after checking every single fuse, flipping every switch except the right one... dont feel bad.
'05 Baja-T M/T white/silver
370 awhp