2003 Baja electrical wiring diagram

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

canuck37
Scoobytruck Master

2003 Baja electrical wiring diagram

Post by canuck37 »

Hey all, anyone know where I can download the electrical wiring diagram for my 03?
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Got me on that one, unless someone here has a copy they can send you. I am thinking of getting the service manuals one of these days, but they are expensive. How did the foglight operation go?? Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
canuck37
Scoobytruck Master

Post by canuck37 »

mbaksic wrote:Got me on that one, unless someone here has a copy they can send you. I am thinking of getting the service manuals one of these days, but they are expensive. How did the foglight operation go?? Mike
Hey, Mike:
Well, between the time you helped me, I was convinced by a local CHP that I should stick with the recommended install and not go with the hot line we talked about. So, project was on hold for a bit. My latest problem is trying to determine which of the 3 wires in the headlight harness are the ground/hi/lo beam circuits so I can tap into them. I asked that question on the other forum and someone told me to watch out for a "switched ground" situation, which I didn't understand so I am still confused. I have everything wired except the lines from the switches to the seperate lamp circuits. I have all the grounds going to the chassi (from relay, switch lines) but am now concerned about this "switched ground" business and was holding off until I understood that situation before finishing the install. I am paranoid of frying something!! Any idea what they are talking about and or which lines are what? We can go PM offline on this if you want. Let me know - thanks for the offer!!
Fraser
Kev M
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Kev M »

canuck37 wrote:
mbaksic wrote:Got me on that one, unless someone here has a copy they can send you. I am thinking of getting the service manuals one of these days, but they are expensive. How did the foglight operation go?? Mike
Hey, Mike:
Well, between the time you helped me, I was convinced by a local CHP that I should stick with the recommended install and not go with the hot line we talked about. So, project was on hold for a bit. My latest problem is trying to determine which of the 3 wires in the headlight harness are the ground/hi/lo beam circuits so I can tap into them. I asked that question on the other forum and someone told me to watch out for a "switched ground" situation, which I didn't understand so I am still confused. I have everything wired except the lines from the switches to the seperate lamp circuits. I have all the grounds going to the chassi (from relay, switch lines) but am now concerned about this "switched ground" business and was holding off until I understood that situation before finishing the install. I am paranoid of frying something!! Any idea what they are talking about and or which lines are what? We can go PM offline on this if you want. Let me know - thanks for the offer!!
Fraser
I tried to explain "swtiched grounds" to you in the thread on NASIOC

Let me know if you still have questions.
canuck37
Scoobytruck Master

Post by canuck37 »

Kev M wrote:
canuck37 wrote:
Hey, Mike:
Fraser
I tried to explain "swtiched grounds" to you in the thread on NASIOC

Let me know if you still have questions.
Kev M - I PM'd you so as to not take up space here. Thanks, Fraser
Kev M
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Kev M »

PM returned.

I sent you my work email addy, just forward the diagram and I'll see what I can figure out.

Maybe I'll get off my butt and walk back to the Chilton OE library and take a look too.

K
Kev M
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Kev M »

Here's how others have done it!

http://scoobytruck.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=753

Makes TOTAL sense.

A little less convulted than my method.

Basically use the power AND the ground from the headlight circuit to power the relay control circuit and the switch.

So connect the Green wire from the switch to the POWER wire from the headlight.

Connect the Yellow wire from the switch to terminal 86 of the control relay just as the Hella diagram says, because it will supply power.

AND Connect both the Blue wires for the switch AND the Terminal 85 of the relay to the SWITCHED GROUND wire for the high beams or low beams (depending on when you want the lights to operate) and

VIOLA.

If you haven't rewired everthing yet, this might be easier than what I was suggesting.

It's probably really just 2 ways around a square, but I like the simplicity of this.

Kev