Tires and chains

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

canuck37
Scoobytruck Master

Tires and chains

Post by canuck37 »

Hey, all;
It’s almost snow season here in NoCal and I am about to make a decision on the next set of tires. Based on what I have heard lately, sounds like a choice between either the Goodyear Assurance Triple Treads or the Bridgestone G009’s.

Here’s my considerations. I run back and forth to Canada in all seasons and we have pretty strict chain controls here (as in no chains – no go over passes) that are enforced. As we all know, the stock Potenzas are P225/60R 16 97H Traction A types. I have 31k on these and, while still having good tread left, I don’t want to travel in snow country with them at this point. I also have a wear issue due to an alignment problem that just cropped up apparently (does anyone know if front end alignment is covered under warrantee??) that I need to get fixed.

The manual says not to use chains on this size of tire due to clearance problems. Has anyone here had any experience using chains (type S as recommended) on their Baja and if so on what tire size?? I need to know whether or not the manual is right and if so, what size tiresI should buy to make sure that I can install and run chains if required to do so, without damaging anything underneath!

Thoughts??
holland_patrick
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by holland_patrick »

General AT2 grabbers..

Beep beep done