Moderators: autumnmist83, yellowblaze

yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Road Rally 10/15/06 in southtowns

Post by yellowblaze »

yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

Posponed til next week (22nd) due to the "October surprise storm" (yes, spent time listening to news radio 930 when the power was out, lol).
stefan
Scoobytruck Master

Post by stefan »

Blaze You going???? The Holland WIllows is like 3 miles from my house!!!! Let me know if you plan on going- I gotta go cut trees up in Kenmore durning the day but I'll be home probably around 3 or 4. (Hell my road may just be on the course!
I always wanted a BRAT, I had a Baja (sold) Now I have an Outback
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

Yup, just registered. Too bad you can't make the whole thing, it's a blast. It just winds all over. No string maps again this year either. I know another yellow Baja was planning on going, not sure if he will make the new date or not.

Just got this email from the Rally Master:

** Notice for the Discover America Rally **

Due to effects of the freak Oct 12-13 snowstorm, I was forced to postpone the rally

scheduled for Sunday, October 15th.

This is the first time in WNY rally history that a rally has been canceled

for weather related issues. The rally route was 100% clear of snow, downed trees

and power lines. Generally, the southern part of WNY escaped the storm. There was snow in Hamburg, but it was pretty much gone by Sunday morning. However, most of my checkpoint help could not leave their homes. Many registered competitors could not get there either. Then there was the issue of driving bans.

I have rescheduled the rally for Sunday, October 22nd. Other than the date,

everything else remains the same. I have update the web site to reflect the change.

I will accept and I encourage pre-registration for all who want to participate

who may not have not already pre-registered. It will really help me to prepare adequate materials and have the proper amount of dinners prepared. I will accept

pre-registrations thru Friday (10/20) at the $35 fee Afterwards, registration at the start for those who wait, will be $40.

I also encourage you to try to get to registration early (by 10:30AM) to be sure that you have enough time to read printed material.

If you pre-registered earlier, you are all set. If you can’t make the reschedule

date, I’m sorry. Oct 22nd is the only date I can do it until next spring. It would be great if you would let me know what your plans are.

Please give or post this information to those whom you may have told about the rally. There is no time for new flyers or postal mailings.

The rally will be a great escape from the trials and tribulations caused by the snowstorm. The Buffalo Bills are having a terrible season so who needs to stay home to watch it on TV (if available). The foliage still looks great and you will have a great time. Please come !!

If you have any questions call or email me.

Thanks,

Tom Krajewski

941-6504
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

I think we did pass your house-saw a shake shingle house with a black/silver baja in the driveway!!