Heated mirrors?

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

usmc13

Heated mirrors?

Post by usmc13 »

I have an 03 Baja and I want to put heated mirrors on, can anyone tell me where I can find them?
ebbie97
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ebbie97 »

My 03 Sport cam standard with the heated mirrors. I never realized they were an option.

Check this link out: http://www.subarupartsforyou.com/cp_par ... model=Baja

They have a good supply of parts at reasonable prices.
-EB
usmc13

Post by usmc13 »

Thanks, I had them on my truck and was really use to having them, where is the switch to turn them on go?
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

usmc13 wrote:Thanks, I had them on my truck and was really use to having them, where is the switch to turn them on go?
Drivers door armrest, right below the mirror controls. Some of the Canadian models also had heated spots on the windshield for de-icing the wipers.

Bob
usmc13

Post by usmc13 »

I was wondering what that spot was for. When you order the mirrors do they send you the controls to or is that seprate(probably not $$$)?
stefan
Scoobytruck Master

Post by stefan »

Jeeze I'm gonna have to check My sport- Seems the 03 Sports had a lot of Varience in what was standard- My dealer insists that mine has the Security system- Even reported it to the insurance Company- Well damned if I can figure it out- There does not appear to be any way to acctivate it- I called the Insurance company to let them know- they just told me they have to go off what the dealer sent over -Of course the dealer also has mine listed with Leather Seats- Which is most definatly does not have!
I always wanted a BRAT, I had a Baja (sold) Now I have an Outback
usmc13

Post by usmc13 »

From what I've seen the Baja sports and the Baja have a few differences that being the alarm system, leather seats, powered driver seats and mirror with compass but I did not see where the heated mirrors come with.
stefan
Scoobytruck Master

Post by stefan »

Nope no heated mirrors on mine :cry:
I always wanted a BRAT, I had a Baja (sold) Now I have an Outback
ebbie97
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ebbie97 »

If it is an option, than I certainly did not ordered them when I ordered my Sport. Maybe I got lucky if it is an optional feature. I must say that it is convenient to have here in the North East.
-EB
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

ebbie97 wrote:If it is an option, than I certainly did not ordered them when I ordered my Sport. Maybe I got lucky if it is an optional feature. I must say that it is convenient to have here in the North East.
-EB
Hey EB is it possible that you got a Canadian version of the Baja? Most up here had the mirrors and wipers with heat as well as a different roof rack style - bars that overhang the rails rather than stop at a square riser.

Bob
ebbie97
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ebbie97 »

Forgot about this topic!
I don't have heated wipers and my roofrack is the same as all the other Bajas I've seen. So I guess I just got an extra feature over the standard equipment. Maybe it has something to do with mine being one of the first Sport models available. I had ordered it in February, but did not take delivery untill May 1 of 2003!
-EB