My baja has a cold

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

Atomis
Scoobytruck Contributer

My baja has a cold

Post by Atomis »

Okay today my baja was coughing (backfiring) and had a hard time starting and i almost killed it trying to get her going im trying to decide what it was and i think i got a batch of bad gas......im going to drain the half a tank i have left and hope it didnt damage my turbo no check engine light but im taking her to subaru for a once over.......*pets car*
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Could be bad gas, I had a tank last year, and barely made it home before if puked for good. The problem was that I was almost on empty when I gassed up, and got a full load of crap, so thats why it wouldn't run. If you weren't on empty, that may explain why it still ran, though poorly. Mike
stefan
Scoobytruck Master

Post by stefan »

Here's hoping your Baja is feeling better- If not (and it was not the gas) take a look at your fuel filter- they can clog in the blink of an eye- Usually they will send a code to the ole computer but not always-
autumnmist83
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by autumnmist83 »

hows the baja feeling? it needs some tlc. I would check the fuel filter too. Alot of people forget out them. My friend did and his truck choked out on him cost him 200 at a garage to figure out he didnt change the filter.
Atomis
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Atomis »

Ended up clogging up the fuel pump......that was an expensive trip to the subie dealer. Wish I could have figured that out on my own.
stefan
Scoobytruck Master

Post by stefan »

OUCH--- But no codes in the computer huh??? Well glad your up and running again
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Naw, a plugged fuel filter usually doesn't set a code at all. But you don't see plugged filters too often now adays. Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
Atomis
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Atomis »

Nope no codes at all was really weird but i could tell something was wrong the low parts of the higher power gears 1 2 3 would hesitate and buck.

The gas that was coming out of my fuel pump was a really dark color looked like oil or something in it, it was pretty bad.