Replacing door speakers...

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Replacing door speakers...

Post by jaxed »

Ok, now that I actually listen to music in my Baja, I have found out that my passengers side front speaker is blown. :|

What size are these speakers? 6"? I'm gonna have to go pick some new ones up.

...not looking forward to removing the door panel, either :(
Baja_Turbo

Post by Baja_Turbo »

I don't know the speaker size,but pulling the door panels are easier than it looks.I was amazed at the ease of removel and i had never done one before,easy to figure out.
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

I found out the speaker size is 6.5". It turns out, however, that the door speakers are not the problem! The problem is the sub-woofer under the passengers set... That damn thing rattles so much it had me all confused as to where the source of the rattle was. I'm a tard. [smilie=boggl3y3dummy-ani.gif]

So I disconnect the woofer and now need to figure what to do with it. :(
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

ive got dual clarion srv-303 20cm subs in my baja, they dont rattle at all and really fill in the low end. they are not too loud and annoying (i cant set any car alarms off with my stereo, matter of fact, cant even hear them outside of the baja) and sound good but alas, they are just temporary until i get my diamond setup put in (this monday hopefully) and then they are up for sale. they fit well under each baja seat, a little rubbing, but not bad. someone may buy the stock subaru sub on ebay or nasioc classified, i see em for sale all the time, though i have no idea what they are going for right now.
'05 Baja-T M/T white/silver
370 awhp
bajabeauty

Post by bajabeauty »

I'm not happy with the whole stereo set up that has the so-called name "premium" @ the dealer.....changing everything out to the new Polk Momo system....4-6.5 speakers 180 watt, 2 tweeters, 2 amps, 1-8 inch sub, which will go on the passenger floor board or in the middle ramp of the floor board with custom housing for that portion....I know an 8 in sub sounds weak but this Polk sub has pretty good reviews at crutchfield.com....once its all done I'll post pics....only thing original will be the factory stereo because of the 6 CD changer.....and the factory speaker covers.....want it to look original but not sound like the factory crap...I'm told the stereo unit only puts out 15 watts but all together will have much better sound quality....I had the same problem w/ the speaker sounding blown....Subaru dealer told me I shouldn't have the bass up so high because the 80 watt speakers can't handle it....cheap-o