SPEAKERS

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

X20
Scoobytruck Contributer

SPEAKERS

Post by X20 »

sup everyone,<br>   Anyone know what size the Baja stock speakers are??  I'm looking to upgrade them in my '05 with some sweet pioneers.   I'd rather ask than take my door apart.  The owners manual doesnt say the size.
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

im going to go ahead a pray that they are 6 1/2" speakers, even though i havent put them in yet, crutchfield and my car audio guy said they were... ive bought diamond audio m6 's to go all the way around... what did you finally decide on?
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

oh, pioneers... maybe i should learn to read better lol
X20
Scoobytruck Contributer

speakers

Post by X20 »

hey cliffhanger,
I really hope they are 6.5" my brother just bought a set of 4 like a month ago and he got a new car since then, so he took them out and gave them to me. With 2 high's also pioneer, I dont know what model they are but you cant beat free new speakers. I also saw on the subaru library that the high "tweeters" come pre set up and ready to install.
So thats even better news!
Let me know how yours sound when you put em in.
laters
Smooth Criminal
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Smooth Criminal »

Speakers are 6 1/2"
Mr. Jalapeño
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Mr. Jalapeño »

I'm looking to replace my speakers, too.
I checked the Crutchfield site and while there were a number of speakers that would fit, all those choices leave me a bit confounded (..didn't see 'Diamond Audio speakers).
Any recommendations?

I'll be using the stock CD player and have some of the Subaru tweeters coming soon. I'll probably just replace the fronts for now, as the rear speakers only work intermittently (wiring? fixable under warranty?).

Thanks!
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

crutchfield is a good place for most mid grade speakers, but if you truly want good sound, you wont find it there, hence no results when searching diamond audio... you can find the good sh...tuff in any car audio mag at any 7-11...
'05 Baja-T M/T white/silver
370 awhp
Mr. Jalapeño
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Mr. Jalapeño »

Thanks, cliff.
Do your new speakers fit well? Relatively easy to install?
X20
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by X20 »

look up memphis audio mc60 is the model.
I'm currently saving up for these, they only sell them at good car audio stores. They sound incredible, usually about 120 a pair, but i think it'll be worth it. check em out at a local dealer.
Mr. Jalapeño
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Mr. Jalapeño »

Thanks X20...I'll check 'em out!
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

hehe, guess who got his car audio install done today?!? -- thats right, its me! ive got diamond m6 components up front, m6 midbass in the rear, powered by a d7056 amp, and two diamond cm3 8" subs (with huge magnets!) where my center console used to be, powered by a d7401 amp and 1 farad cap, all coming from about $180 in copper wire and a optima yellow top, f'n sweet!! havent heard anything sound so sweet in a while, and i never thought my baja would sound like this. the subs absolutely pound, and they can stay in place while the seat is lifted up! really cool. the amps are all gained minimum right now and it is still amazing. pics should come on thursday.
370 awhp
Mr. Jalapeño
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Mr. Jalapeño »

Cool...looking forward to seeing pics.

A good sound system is a very worthy investment for this vehicle. I know I was real pleased with the improvements that I made. :D
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

yippie! new sub box looks and sounds great, but initial measurements slightly off: about 1" too high to lift the seat up for switchback use, and also identified one small air leak. going back for rework next week hopefully.
these sweeeeet diamond d7 amps are made with only the finest quality materials, so they are expensive and a little bulky, but fit fine under the seats now. about 2" of rear passenger vertical leg room lost, but i dont think anyones knees will be in the ceiling just yet...
370 awhp
Mr. Jalapeño
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Mr. Jalapeño »

That sub. box looks great!
Did you build it yourself?
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

well, ill never claim to be an expert box builder, but ive done it a few times. for this one i just did the measurements, made a template, and gave it over to the pros at GOHO Auto Audio Shop. i had them use 5/8" mdf and black vinyl covering, and an assload of polyfill. it fits great everywhere except when i try to lift the seat it is about an inch too tall. i think they f***ed up my measurements, but we will see... thanks!
370 awhp