Rear Sub Frame Blocks - Identifying front and rear

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

dease42
Scoobytruck Contributer

Rear Sub Frame Blocks - Identifying front and rear

Post by dease42 »

Interesting find!!

Took the rear subframe off, and was going to clean up and paint the spacers. When I set them on the table though, I realized they are different sizes!!
IMG_7238.JPG
IMG_7238.JPG (2.2 MiB) Viewed 9178 times
IMG_7230_jpg.jpg
IMG_7230_jpg.jpg (2.01 MiB) Viewed 9178 times
I kinda sorta think the more rusty ones (taller) would be the front, based on the rust on the subframe - but that surprises me since I would have expected the rear to have more rake.

Anyone got one half-disassembled and could verify which ones are font and which ones are rear? Thanks!
anarchy1024
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Rear Sub Frame Blocks - Identifying front and rear

Post by anarchy1024 »

You can try checking parts.subaru.com... They have exploded diagram of everything along with part numbers.

https://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2003_ ... 01-03.html
dease42
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by dease42 »

Yeah, been looking over those diagrams and the service manual, but I haven't been able to find anything regarding the dimensions of front and back - they do have different part numbers though.

Appreciate the help!
dease42
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by dease42 »

For anyone else's reference.

After some digging into the parts diagrams, the 03 has the same size all around 20176B*A, but the 04+ have separate part numbers for front and rear (20176B*A and 20176B*B respectively).

Still can't find a product reference that gives me the dimensions of either, but I'm going to measure the ones on my '03, and that should tell me which ones are Front. I'll post up what I find.