Matching spacers to taco struts

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

06baja-kco
Scoobytruck Lurker

Matching spacers to taco struts

Post by 06baja-kco »

Hi everybody. Great forum 😀
I inherited an 06 Baja last year and am starting the lift project.
I got a pair of 2000+/- struts for a tacoma ( their front, our rear) and am looking for suggestions/ requirements to match lift at front, either spacers or different struts.
Limited budget.
One thing I need to confirm is the actual lift height?
What I have read is it is 1.75". But other places say 2"?
So with the " extra" 1/2" recommended for back, Would I need 1.25" for front?
Or???
Thanks
CNaylor
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Matching spacers to taco struts

Post by CNaylor »

Go the easy route.
Reach out to Ground control. I had them build me full coil-overs w/ 2" lift built into the shocks vs the common spacers onto. The advantage of that, is extra tall shock = more droop not just ground clearance.

Since I have them build them a few yrs ago, they (should) have all the specs to rebuild them... without being the custom one-off's I had built Circa 2018.

Back then I paid just over $2k (again custom builds at the time)... with inflation (and existing spec's now), hopefully they should not be much more than that now.

If on the other hand you want to go the whole DIY engineer you own... I would never knock that. But an EASY button does exist, if you would prefer.

Cheers!
new_2_soobaaroo
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Matching spacers to taco struts

Post by new_2_soobaaroo »

CNaylor wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:49 am
If on the other hand you want to go the whole DIY engineer you own... I would never knock that. But an EASY button does exist, if you would prefer.

Cheers!
I love EASY ..... almost as much as I love CHEAP.

Having the lift blocks already installed on my Baja when purchased (2" ADF lift), any recommendations for rear struts, as mine seem to have lost the "absorber" and are now mostly just springs?