81 Brat

Subaru Brat Discussions - HEY BRAT PEOPLE. If you have any ideas for the Brat section of the site, please PM jaxed!
Nbwillis3
Scoobytruck Lurker

81 Brat

Post by Nbwillis3 »

Evening all, i picked up an 81 a few weeks ago. nothing worked on it but the prvious owner put on 5 lug conversion spacers with 33x12.50 mudd tires. so i made money there. lol
Ive been tinkering with it off and on and broke the motor loose by hand, and finaly got the starter to engage. now it turns freely and the oil is looking good. coolant is low but i'm going to flush it any way.
my question is, does any one have a wiring diagram for the igition switch? and coil wiring diagram? i have a haynes manual but the color codes don't match. from my limited research 81 was a funky year. the previous owner totally gutted the wiring and i have no clue what goes were. He also cut a lot of wires both in and out of the engine bay. i'm picking up a complete harness next week.
the ignition switch is all messed up so i'm probably going to just run a easy push button start. but again, i need spark.

any help would be greatly appreciated! i've wanted a brat for over 20 years. now i have one and itll be loved and restored!