Oh no, ma boi.

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

ScotchTape93
Scoobytruck Lurker

Oh no, ma boi.

Post by ScotchTape93 »

Driving home from hanging out with some friends, I got rear-ended HARD by someone doing mach-jesus. Thankfully, I had enough space between me and the car in front of me to avoid hitting them as well. Neither myself nor the other driver were hurt, thank god. Heartbroken as I am by this, I have to say this incident has only solidified my trust in Subaru as a brand, and how resilient they are. The other driver's airbags deployed upon impact, where mine did not, thankfully. After the initial hit, I was pushed into the right-hand lane and began to spin. I was able to regain control almost immediately and avoid colliding with any other vehicles or the retaining wall, and that is almost certainly because of the AWD. Following the accident, my Scooby was still drivable, despite being violated, but the other vehicle had to be towed to safety. This is not my first subie, but my first baja, and I am very sad to see it in this state, but I'm going to do everything I can to ensure it's brought back to life, and I hope I can be back on the road with it soon. Just thought I would share this with y'all, and how thankful I am to have been driving a Subaru and not some other brand. ImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

20Baja06
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: Oh no, ma boi.

Post by 20Baja06 »

Wow, that's scary! Glad to hear you're okay and it wasn't any worse!

If it is salvageable, make sure to come back and update us as you get it fixed up.
-Brian
Guacamole
Scoobytruck God

Post by Guacamole »

Gonna cost a pretty penny, but this is 100% fixable. Just from those 3 pics it looks like you just need a drivers' side wheelwell panel, trim, bumper, tailgate, bed trim, taillight. Can pull all that from a junkyard donor car. Doesn't look like the muffler is hanging so probably little to no frame damage.
Glad you're safe. [smilie=coolup.gif]
bajaman
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by bajaman »

Sorry to see this happen. Did you have comprehensive collision insurance to cover damage, or did you get the person who hit you pay? How did insurance come through? When you do find a parts car, will insurance pick up the ship charges to get it to a body shop? They should be told that this is a rare vehicle and parts are hard to locate and to pay for shipping for parts.