Turboing 03 Subaru Baja

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

scoobTruck
Scoobytruck Lurker

Turboing 03 Subaru Baja

Post by scoobTruck »

I have a few questions on this topic. First when it comes to swapping an Sti engine into an EJ251 (03 Baja), with the EJ257 engine wire harness can a Baja Turbo engine and bulkhead harness work in the non-turbo Baja. I am trying to see if they would work without having to cut up and merge my stock harness. The next question I have is possibly using an AEM infinity ecu, but still wondering about how much wiring is involved. Not to mention where I would be able to find the wiring diagram. The reason for that I have also thought of building the EJ251, but figured the 257 with pistons and rods would be a better choice. Thanks in advance.
greymud
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Turboing 03 Subaru Baja

Post by greymud »

You're well past my level of expertise, but my understanding is that you're cutting the harness for an STI swap.

I started down that rabbit hole and quickly decided against it.
05 NA 5MT
scoobTruck
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by scoobTruck »

Yeah that's what I have been seeing. It is just that for the price people are selling the turbo models, it is crazy. Not to mention I got this one for a decent price and it runs good. I was looking for some more power. Something that I can tinker with and still keep as my daily driver, and won't be tooo expensive to make quick and fun.
mike-tracy
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mike-tracy »

I would recommend talking to Iwire. My buddy just had them do the conversion harness on his baja, they do all the wiring and you get back a harness that's plug and play with your car.

He went with 2002-2005 WRX electronics, but since that ECU is tunable, you can put in a 2.2 or 2.5L bottom end, bigger injectors, turbo, and so on.
1992 Legacy SS, 5mt and heavily modified
2000 Impreza RSTi Coupe
2003 Baja, H6 and Dual Range 5mt swap