Just curious if anyone has the ability to 3d scan a subaru baja ARE camper shell to 3d print parts

Marketplace for Subaru Baja & Brat related things. Vehicles, accessories, eBay auctions...

Moderators: mikenmel08, 03ClassicYellow

Wolf
Scoobytruck Lurker

Just curious if anyone has the ability to 3d scan a subaru baja ARE camper shell to 3d print parts

Post by Wolf »

:shock:
Alf
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Just curious if anyone has the ability to 3d scan a subaru baja ARE camper shell to 3d print parts

Post by Alf »

Great idea!
Bulldog-Baja
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: Just curious if anyone has the ability to 3d scan a subaru baja ARE camper shell to 3d print parts

Post by Bulldog-Baja »

That's actually a really interesting idea. You could print it in modular parts, just like the SmartCaps, which are amazing;

https://www.na.rsismartcap.com/

It would (obviously) take some time, but it would be stronger and I think better looking than the A.R.E shells! ...could actually put some weight on it!

I have an A.R.E. shell on mine, and would be awesome if I could put a tent on top of it.

PXL_20221006_201445327.MP.jpg
PXL_20221006_201445327.MP.jpg (3.17 MiB) Viewed 1708 times
Wolf
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Wolf »

The only reason I brought up 3d scan is because ARE no longer supports those camper shell's and I would like to have a complete one as in have the parts made like the whole back door assembly that im looking for