High mount third stoplight

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

oldpro
Scoobytruck Contributer

High mount third stoplight

Post by oldpro »

Has anyone installed one of the kits/bulbs that first causes the light to strobe 5 or 6 times and then stay lit? A couple of years ago I replaced the white cargo bed bulbs with LEDs. The 912 and 921 bulbs are pretty small and there isn't much room in that housing. Illustrations of the strobing bulbs shows that they're pretty large. Seems to me that the strobing bulb would be worthwhile if there's room. Anyone try it?
Guacamole
Scoobytruck God

Re: High mount third stoplight

Post by Guacamole »

Why do you want a strobe bulb in the cargo bed in the first place? Is this some James Bond gadget to avoid getting pulled over? :lol:
oldpro
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by oldpro »

It's only the stop lamp that strobes three or four times and then remains solid red. I've ordered one from Amazon and will report results after it arrives and I do the install. From my 30 years in Maryland and your reports from the Eastern Shore it seems that something like this to alert those traveling behind us can be very helpful. Even New Mexican drivers can benefit from this.
Guacamole
Scoobytruck God

Post by Guacamole »

Ooooohhh just the brake light, now I understand. Well according to the owners' manual it looks like that bulb is the same as the taillights, so might be just plug and play with the right size?
fg0h98fd09gdfg.JPG
fg0h98fd09gdfg.JPG (61.09 KiB) Viewed 3219 times
oldpro
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by oldpro »

It arrived, it fits, it works. No way for me to do a video showing it in action. Check amazon under "Strobe stop light bulb" to see videos. :D
Guacamole
Scoobytruck God

Post by Guacamole »

Great! What model did you get?
oldpro
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by oldpro »

It's a Fanteli 912/921 bulb assembly. Price was $11.97 for a package of two bulbs. There were several bulbs of the type, but Amazon alerted me to pick the right one for a 2005 Baja. :D