OEM Hard Bed Cover Parts Diag.

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

jeromes
Scoobytruck Contributer

OEM Hard Bed Cover Parts Diag.

Post by jeromes »

The two links are the OEM Hard Bed Cover Parts breakout diag. Hope this may help other Baja owners if they need replacement parts.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo33 ... Page_1.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo33 ... Page_2.jpg

Part descriptions I have determined:

Page 1

91254 is the locking pin that the front cover latches to when it is closed.

91269A is the Lock Kit. The lock kit contains two new locks that are keyed alike, two water resistance spring loaded caps, two keys and the nuts to mount the lock sets.

Page 2
P100047 & 91277 is the washer & pop rivet in the four corners that holds the rubber seal that goes over the top of the hinge.

Item 4 is the bolt that holds the two half's of the bed cover to the hinge.

There are a few items missing from this diagram. They are the rubber gasket that fits between the rear window body panel and the fixed plastic parts to keep water out. Also the pin for the rear gate that the rear cover latches to to lock the cover.
Last edited by jeromes on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
jeromes
Scoobytruck Contributer

Install info OEM Hard Bed Cover

Post by jeromes »

When you remove the two bed liner sides you will see on the back of the liner marks for the large (1") hole and marks for the small hole for the front bracket (this is shown as a slot). Just remember when drilling the large hole (1" works) you want to drill in parallel with the truck bed. It is thru the bump out of the roll bar, but the mounting flange will be parallel with the bed. I had to enlarge one of my drill holes because I did not drill it parallel with the bed.

For the small hole for the front bracket I did not make a slot. I drilled one hole directly in the middle of the slot. All was fine on the install.

I do not have the p/n of the Foam/Rubber gasket. You should be able to get that from the dealer. If you get a printout of the part diag please post.

The rest of the install is very easy.

For both holes I drilled a small pilot hole first, then used a hole saw for the 1".
jeromes
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: OEM Hard Bed Cover Parts Diag.

Post by jeromes »

This info is now in the subaru library in pdf so you can d/l it for future use.

Enjoy
jeromes
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by jeromes »

Link below is the parts diag for the Bed liner parts. I think item #6 (number 91171H) is the rubber gasket between the bed and the OEM Hard bed cover. I have one on order and will report back after it is received.

http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo33 ... rt%20Diag/
SergeG
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by SergeG »

Thanks jeromes for providing that info (Part number) - now the BIG question: where can one be found? Any idea? I've been searching the next for a few days now - all dead ends.
Trucklett
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Trucklett »

SergeG wrote:Thanks jeromes for providing that info (Part number) - now the BIG question: where can one be found? Any idea? I've been searching the next for a few days now - all dead ends.
What parts are you looking for Serge?
Zombaja
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Zombaja »

probably the same thing I am- the lock/latch assembly
jeromes
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by jeromes »

I ordered all the items from the dealer parts dept, but that was a few years ago. You can take the drawing to the parts counter and they can tell you if they are still in stock. I did buy a complete lock assembly. It was both locks and keys.

Jerome
Zombaja
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Zombaja »

how long ago was that, and how much did it cost you then?

I'm wondering whether it'll be just a minor organ or a major set of limbs to get this from the dealership...I expect I'll have better luck at a Pull-A-Part yard in the end. Soobie dealerships aren't as fanatical about older models here as the trust fundies and "no visible means of support" WRX/STI crowd changes out their cars for newer models every few years.

I hear Subaru is practically a religion in Oregon...:)
Trucklett
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Trucklett »

jeromes wrote:I ordered all the items from the dealer parts dept, but that was a few years ago. You can take the drawing to the parts counter and they can tell you if they are still in stock. I did buy a complete lock assembly. It was both locks and keys.

Jerome
I bought my Baja 1.5 years ago from a Subie dealer, and they told me the parts were no longer available. They told me I could get a new cover, and they would "split" the cost with me, but they told me there were no replacement parts still available. Whether that was true or not, I can't say. They could have just been trying to make money on a new cover.
Zombaja
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Zombaja »

so I finally got the oem lock assembly removed from the front part of the hard cover. It's mostly intact except for the spring cover and the fact the keys were lost.

Trying to get the last rusted nut off the rear lock tube so I can see if transplanting the parts works. I'm hoping the latch arm is the same.

also just emailed the company who's name is on the locks to see if they have any old stock left or recommend replacements.
Mikeknappert
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Mikeknappert »

Hi all,
Just bought a sharp 2005 Baja Turbo with an OEM hard cover. The cover locks, latches and lock points are all broken and damaged beyond use.
Does anybody have actual pictures of the inside of an original cover? I am going to fabricate the parts, and photos of the real parts would be handy.
Thanks!!
Guacamole
Scoobytruck God

Post by Guacamole »

Mikeknappert wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:03 am Hi all,
Just bought a sharp 2005 Baja Turbo with an OEM hard cover. The cover locks, latches and lock points are all broken and damaged beyond use.
Does anybody have actual pictures of the inside of an original cover? I am going to fabricate the parts, and photos of the real parts would be handy.
Thanks!!
Lucky you! Can do you one better- here's is the OEM exploded parts diagram for the hard cover:
https://www.scoobytruck.com/pdf/Subaru- ... t-Diag.pdf
Additional link to the scoobytruck library if you need any other reference material:
https://www.scoobytruck.com/lib.html
And here's 2 pictures of it open at both ends (poor quality I know, but most of the reference baja pics are from early internet)Image
Mikeknappert
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Mikeknappert »

Thanks, great info!
Spyy-
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Spyy- »

Mikeknappert wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:03 am Hi all,
Thanks!!
Hey!
Just checking too see if you were able to fabricate the locking mechanisms, and if so could you share any knowledge gained? I have to completely rebuild the tailgate locker and hopefully i can save myself some grief if you got it figured out

Thanks!