06 Turbo automatic with issues

Marketplace for Subaru Baja & Brat related things. Vehicles, accessories, eBay auctions...

Moderators: mikenmel08, 03ClassicYellow

hobierandy
Scoobytruck Lurker

06 Turbo automatic with issues

Post by hobierandy »

Start with the bad news:
severe misfire in cyl 2. Replaced plugs and coils all around, leakdown so far inconclusive. Compression test on cold engine showed nothing. Probably a valve issue.
car is R title for flood but absolutely no water damage and minimal rust underneath. One rear door jamb is starting but rear crossmember looks great. This is the best of 3 bajas I have owned.
Good news:
Like I typed, rust is not an issue on this. Seats in great shape right now some WRX ones in up front. Brand new BAJA mats. Bed cover with hinge for rear and small compartment ahead of roll bar. Bed extender. Newer tires. Passed PA inspection. Remote fob works. Aftermarket radio with bluetooth, etc. New air and cabin filters, plugs, coils, fuel pump, oil change. Car ran great, got 20 mpg and had excellent power before this disaster.

I can include new blizzacks on WRX rims based on price negotiations.

I want $4500 but will be flexible when negotiating in person. Don't bother me with crap offers without seeing the car please. I can fix this motor but am in a bad mood about the car. But if enough stupid offers come in though it will be just the motivation to make me fix it.

Location is Bucks County PA. You can email me at hobierandy at gmail, and can send pics or answer more questions.
hobierandy
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: 06 Turbo automatic with issues

Post by hobierandy »

Well a misfire in 2 turned out to be a blown out head gasket in 4. So this is an easy fix, pulling the motor this week to fix and will keep the car. Far too nice to get rid of.
mike-tracy
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mike-tracy »

Awesome!
1992 Legacy SS, 5mt and heavily modified
2000 Impreza RSTi Coupe
2003 Baja, H6 and Dual Range 5mt swap
hobierandy
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by hobierandy »

Update, all fixed but I really don't need the car. But I also don't need to sell it. So the price is $8500.
The problem(s) were a timing belt 2 notches off, buggered wiring harness and a few vacuum leaks. So it got-
New belt kit
New engine wiring harness
Valves adjusted
Injectors cleaned and flow tested
Every hose that was brittle was replaced
New rear main
Steel blockoff plate in back of motor
AVCS banjo screens removed
New plugs, coils
Located in Bucks County PA
Attachments
front.jpg