Bed Covers

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

oldpro
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: Bed Covers

Post by oldpro »

I made a pattern out of OSB, and it looked and fit so well that I decided to just coat it with a bedliner compound from Harbor Freight and call it good. Looked great for the first year, but in bitter cold weather the first winter the bedliner started flaking off. Little-by-little I kept removing the flakes thinking I'd just repaint it in the Spring. Spring arrived with warm and hot weather, and the bedliner fragments started to re-glue themselves to the OSB. If I can find the time this Spring I'll use a wire brush wheel and remove as much more of the flakes as I can and then just paint it. My measuring and sawing was so good that there was no need to do a foam gasket around the perimeter, as it is pretty much rain-resistant.
LoneEagle7
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by LoneEagle7 »

I designed and made a bed cover out of Aluminum. I used a structural material called 80-20. You can find the web site on line. Use the 1 inch sq. for the frame and use the 1/4" thick aluminum sheet for the deck, it comes in colors, then use a 1/4" rubber clip on door seal around the outside as a seal. If you want it to fold in half near the tubes use a long heavy duty piano type hindge like the original hindge with the oem hard top. It is not very hard to design or assemble if you are mechanicaly inclined. Goodluck
DavidCarty
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by DavidCarty »

anurysms804 wrote: Mon May 14, 2435 10:22 pm so now the bed covers are not available any more from the Subaru parts and accessories website..... sorry guys!
These OTC phentermine alternatives OTC phentermine here
which is the only hard folding truck bed cover ?
Last edited by DavidCarty on Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Guacamole
Scoobytruck God

Post by Guacamole »

DavidCarty wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:01 am which is the only hard folding truck bed cover ?
No, there were (to my knowledge) 4 hard bedcovers available during the production run, but only one was made by Subaru:
Subaru Hard Cover, made for the 05+ turbos with the leather package:

Snuglid SL cover, made from 03-06:

Ozzbros cover:

And lastly,
ultra-rare unicorn Penda Bed cover

Unfortunately, all these (with the exception of the Ozzbros cover) have not been manufactured for over a decade now.
kingearth
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by kingearth »

Bed covers I normally see are soft so until now I still can't replace it. Looking for a hardcover that you can just slide. Too bad there are fewer parts for baja compared to other models :(
jbsurf
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by jbsurf »

This looks easy and interesting...cheap too.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/hom ... to.102674/
ralfmars
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by ralfmars »

FOR SALE BAJA OEM bed cover 400€/$ OBO
no keys, locks do not function
location ESTONIA, TARTU
will send for money or collecting
IMG_20190801_213410.jpg
IMG_20190801_213410.jpg (1.72 MiB) Viewed 40356 times
Guacamole
Scoobytruck God

Post by Guacamole »

ralfmars wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:36 pm FOR SALE BAJA OEM bed cover 400€/$ OBO
no keys, locks do not function
location ESTONIA, TARTU
will send for money or collecting
How did so many of these wind up in Eastern Europe?
ralfmars
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by ralfmars »

can't answer from all, but
1. this one is a UNICORN in ESTONIA - first BAJA TURBO SS, we have some NA BAJAs
2. Subaru has very very reliable AWD, so no more argues
3. this one now my 4th Subaru at row - 1st sold off cause the missing body (too much rust)
4. now on the driveway 3 Subarus: 2001 Legacy, 2006 OBK, 2006 BAJA T
mike-tracy
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mike-tracy »

ralfmars wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:50 am can't answer from all, but
1. this one is a UNICORN in ESTONIA - first BAJA TURBO SS, we have some NA BAJAs
2. Subaru has very very reliable AWD, so no more argues
3. this one now my 4th Subaru at row - 1st sold off cause the missing body (too much rust)
4. now on the driveway 3 Subarus: 2001 Legacy, 2006 OBK, 2006 BAJA T
A moderator should really put the thread in the "Buy, Sell, Trade" area. viewforum.php?f=4
1992 Legacy SS, 5mt and heavily modified
2000 Impreza RSTi Coupe
2003 Baja, H6 and Dual Range 5mt swap
mike-tracy
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mike-tracy »

florencioagullette wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:08 am
Lachlane wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:18 pm
mkc1962 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:41 am Ozzbros still out there. $695 for the base model. Have one coming. A fellow once xxxxxxxxxxx told me, " You gots to pay for excitement"....excitement sure getting pricey!
That's perfect for me.
695$ is not that bad...
Nice injection of spam links into the quotes
1992 Legacy SS, 5mt and heavily modified
2000 Impreza RSTi Coupe
2003 Baja, H6 and Dual Range 5mt swap
dustin
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by dustin »

My original Ozzbros cover has disintegrated to the point where it's not viable anymore, so I'm looking at a low-cost DIY cover.

I did some searching and accidentally came up with rubbery garage flooring that has a diamond tread similar to the sheet metal pattern. I'm going to try a 3/4" plywood cover effectively upholstered with garage flooring.The tricky part may be finding edging to wrap around. I'd like to reuse the lock from the Ozzbros cover if possible. If it turns out, I'll post pics.