2" Spacers

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

ZUBAJA
Scoobytruck Master

Re: 2" Spacers

Post by ZUBAJA »

Square tubing part is probably for where the rear suspension links attach to the body (at front of fender well).
FWIW when you do the 2" lift to the front, you will end up with a LOT of down angle on your CV shafts. This could lead to premature wear on CV joints (haven't had issues with mine yet). For this reason, it might be advantageous to install the spacers that drop the engine cradle, rear suspension cradle, driveshaft carrier, and transmission crossmember. Definitely will be needed if lifting more than 2" Dennis
06Suparu
Scoobytruck Master

Post by 06Suparu »

Ok so i just.bit the bullet and ordered mine lol. I will get new struts and springs also. Might as well do it all at once and be done with it.
Ben Staad
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Ben Staad »

Wish I had a better photo but, in person, to me it looks much better.
Attachments
KIMG0226.jpeg
KIMG0226.jpeg (626.13 KiB) Viewed 29568 times
Ben Staad
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Ben Staad »

BTW. You weren't wrong. I will note, unless something got put on wrong, that the front end still is lower than the front end. I wonder of 2 1/2" for the front and 2" for the back would lead to a more linear look. Right now mine has a rake from back (high) to front (lower).

I think it looks good but you can see the difference.
ZUBAJA wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:30 pm Square tubing part is probably for where the rear suspension links attach to the body (at front of fender well).
FWIW when you do the 2" lift to the front, you will end up with a LOT of down angle on your CV shafts. This could lead to premature wear on CV joints (haven't had issues with mine yet). For this reason, it might be advantageous to install the spacers that drop the engine cradle, rear suspension cradle, driveshaft carrier, and transmission crossmember. Definitely will be needed if lifting more than 2" Dennis
Ben Staad
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Ben Staad »

Sorry for the multiple posts. I just wanted to note that the rear wheels are a little more forward in the rear wheel well. Not sure if that is normal or not but that is what I got.
06Suparu
Scoobytruck Master

Post by 06Suparu »

How long did it take to get the lift delivered? I ordered last week..paid for 2 day shipping..they still havent even shipped yet.
Ben Staad
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Ben Staad »

I didn't do anything expedited. From order to delivery is was just about 3 weeks. I think it was about 1 1/2 for him to make them, a few days before they shipped, and about a week out for delivery.

I will PM you the email address I have for him. He responded to me in a day or so.
06Suparu wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:30 am How long did it take to get the lift delivered? I ordered last week..paid for 2 day shipping..they still havent even shipped yet.
kensei
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by kensei »

Ben Staad wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:23 pm Sorry for the multiple posts. I just wanted to note that the rear wheels are a little more forward in the rear wheel well. Not sure if that is normal or not but that is what I got.
I think that is SOP. My stock '05 has about 1" of clearance to the front of the rear wheel well and about 1.75" or clearance to the rear...
Ben Staad
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Ben Staad »

Thank you for the reply. I wish I would have noted this before the lift for reference. 8)
kensei wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:21 am
Ben Staad wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:23 pm Sorry for the multiple posts. I just wanted to note that the rear wheels are a little more forward in the rear wheel well. Not sure if that is normal or not but that is what I got.
I think that is SOP. My stock '05 has about 1" of clearance to the front of the rear wheel well and about 1.75" or clearance to the rear...
06Suparu
Scoobytruck Master

Post by 06Suparu »

Well i got my lift finally. Only took 2 weeks. Glad i paid for 2 day shipping. I see why it was cheaper than ADF. It isnt really a complete kit. It doesnt have the spacers to lower the trailing arms to keep the wheels centered in the openings. Looks like im going to be doing some fabricating anyway. Next time its an ADF lift.
Ben Staad
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Ben Staad »

Sorry you weren't happy with yours. The kit I bought did have the shims as seen here:

https://www.sjrlift.com/collections/200 ... ailing-arm

I'm fairly new to this so maybe I am not understanding something.
06Suparu wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:36 am Well i got my lift finally. Only took 2 weeks. Glad i paid for 2 day shipping. I see why it was cheaper than ADF. It isnt really a complete kit. It doesnt have the spacers to lower the trailing arms to keep the wheels centered in the openings. Looks like im going to be doing some fabricating anyway. Next time its an ADF lift.
06Suparu
Scoobytruck Master

Post by 06Suparu »

Sorry..that was my bad. The trailing arm spacers are there but it should still have spacers for the subframe.
Ben Staad
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Ben Staad »

I looked these up and I do see the subframe stuff from ADF. I'm not well versed on this but I didn't think it was critical to have these when going 2"s.

My handling has been fine but of course I don't know, long term, what the new forces may be applying to everything on the underside and what those impacts may be.

06Suparu wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:29 am Sorry..that was my bad. The trailing arm spacers are there but it should still have spacers for the subframe.
06Suparu
Scoobytruck Master

Post by 06Suparu »

My understanding is the subframe spacers keep the driveshaft in the proper alignment so it doesnt add stress to the universal joints and the cv joints.
ZUBAJA
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ZUBAJA »

There are (or should be) spacers to lower the engine cradle, front control arms, transmission crossmember, drive shaft carrier, rear cradle, and trailing arms. may, or may not have to extend radiator hoses, and may have to modify exhaust hangers. Oh, steering universal coupler. Think I covered everything.
If one simply adds strut spacers, and maybe the trailing arm spacers, you end up with extreme angles on the CV shafts (although mine has been running with the fronts at an angle for about a year now). Dennis