Sport Light Confusion

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

InhumanJ
Scoobytruck Lurker

Sport Light Confusion

Post by InhumanJ »

Ok got a 2006 Baja Sport over the winter that I am restoring and was able to get a set of sport lights installed. But I am quite confused since it seemed to keep blowing the 20Amp fuse when using the switch even when replaced and will not turn on. Has anyone run into this issue?

Also it is a factory kit so no modified wiring or anything.
Guacamole
Scoobytruck God

Re: Sport Light Confusion

Post by Guacamole »

This is going to sound ridiculously stupid, but Subaru did it this way for legal reasons, the Baja Sport Activity Lights, when "properly" installed, can only function when the parking brake is active.
That said, here's the installation instructions in case it's not wired correctly: http://www.scoobytruck.com/pdf/2003MY_B ... _rev_B.pdf
and here is another thread on the subject: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2559

If all else fails, maybe there's a short in the line somewhere?
InhumanJ
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by InhumanJ »

Yeah I’m probably gonna have to trace down a short. But thanks for the info the wiring diagram in that thread should help me trace the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
InhumanJ
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by InhumanJ »

Ok figured it out yesterday. Went through with a power probe. Kept tripping the circuit breaker all the way to the short harness on the physical lights. Opened the housings and the wiring inside was tucked in a little weird. Tidied that up all neat and now the lights are all good and working. If anyone runs into this issue you may wanna check that out first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk