Mass Air Flow Sensor ‘05 Baja Non Turbo location on engine?

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

BAJABANDIT
Scoobytruck Lurker

Mass Air Flow Sensor ‘05 Baja Non Turbo location on engine?

Post by BAJABANDIT »

I own an ‘05 Baja non turbo automatic since 2016 and recently check engine light came on.OBD meter says it’s possibly related to MAF sensor.I purchased a new one but when I went to pull off the old one it’s not there.
Seriously not anywhere.
How could it run without one?
Anybody have any idea?
Thanks-John
mike-tracy
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Mass Air Flow Sensor ‘05 Baja Non Turbo location on engine?

Post by mike-tracy »

It has a MAP sensor on the non-turbo. The turbos have both a MAP and MAF, so I'd have to assume you were sold a turbo's maf. What was the exact code you got?
1992 Legacy SS, 5mt and heavily modified
2000 Impreza RSTi Coupe
2003 Baja, H6 and Dual Range 5mt swap
BAJABANDIT
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by BAJABANDIT »

mike-tracy wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:47 pm It has a MAP sensor on the non-turbo. The turbos have both a MAP and MAF, so I'd have to assume you were sold a turbo's maf. What was the exact code you got?
THANKS Mike-Tracy👍🏻
Two local auto part stores told me that the codes that they got indicated a possible Mass Air Flow sensor issue.
I don’t recall the exact codes.I did quite a bit of research before ordering a new sensor and every time I did the vendor assured me that the MAF sensor was the proper firmest for a non-turbo model.
I guess they were WRONG!
I did return the sensor without any problems and will now order a new MAP sensor.
Hope you are keeping safe and sound.
Thanks Again 🙏
kamesama980
Scoobytruck Master

Post by kamesama980 »

Never trust the store, they're just reading the top-10 suggested things for you to spend money shotgunning.

always always get the exact code number and bring it to us. for each component with codes there can be 2-10 different codes for it and they each have different troubleshooting trees.
-Russell
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
03 sport 5mt
05 turbo 5mt vf39 and other STI bits, 3" turbo-back