03 Baja compadable suspension?? RELP ¡¡¡

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

tonys123
Scoobytruck Contributer

03 Baja compadable suspension?? RELP ¡¡¡

Post by tonys123 »

[smilie=666.gif]
Hey guys was wondering what othe models suspensions are compadable to the 03 I'm tring to peice to geather a new raceland coilovers and any info would be helpful

The chassis code is BE/BH
Idk if this is right ?

fronts are 02-07 WRX struts
rears are 08-14 STI struts
This may help
Attachments
20180818_105213.jpg
20180818_105213.jpg (6.18 MiB) Viewed 5139 times
kamesama980
Scoobytruck Master

Re: 03 Baja compadable suspension?? RELP ¡¡¡

Post by kamesama980 »

Define "Compatible" for your purposes.
Keep it stock?
Close enough to be driveable?
Get it on a trailer?
Performance improvements?

00-04 outback legacy control arms and subframes are closest. struts fit but will lower it. Forrester/Imprezza (WRX/STI) struts may fit from different generations but will lower it severely and springrates will be soft for the Baja's weight.

Al STI control arms (I forget what years... some are good, some are not) are an upgrade in that they're lighter and give more caster (Useful if you know what you're doing)
-Russell
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
03 sport 5mt
05 turbo 5mt vf39 and other STI bits, 3" turbo-back
tonys123
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by tonys123 »

Thank you
I wanted to know what's the closest to stock so I can tell raceland the 2 different ones needed and put a kit together. since they don't have a baja specific kit. their coilovers are significantly cheaper and I'm going to drive this all year round and it's a beater, dont want put the more expensive ones in..
Well the baja in the pic was bought told it had coil overs, unfortunately the springs were cut and they started falling out.. a lil unsafe , so I kinda wanted to keep its stance to drive..
tonys123
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by tonys123 »

[smilie=666.gif]
tonys123
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by tonys123 »

What about h6? Struts I'm trying to find closest to original to try to cross reference a kit from raceland coilovers
kamesama980
Scoobytruck Master

Post by kamesama980 »

tonys123 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:19 am What about h6? Struts I'm trying to find closest to original to try to cross reference a kit from raceland coilovers
Cheap coilovers = you get what you pay for. Are you putting together pieces a la cart from them or are you telling them how to put things together? If they're putting together a package, they ought to do the legwork to assure fitment.

From their page, I'm not sure what would be closest. The bajas have a taller version of the 00-04 outback/legacy suspension, they don't carry anything that far back. 00-04 outback/legacy with the H6 engine would be a touch stiffer springs but that's it.

As far as the style of mounting (stud and eye vs 2-bolt mcphearson/chapman style) yes the 08-14 imprezzas or 05-09 legacy (and probably others) are the right style. No idea on bolt spacing and actual fitment.
-Russell
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
03 sport 5mt
05 turbo 5mt vf39 and other STI bits, 3" turbo-back