Complete Strut Assembly Replacement?

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Trucklet
Scoobytruck Contributer

Complete Strut Assembly Replacement?

Post by Trucklet »

So the 2003 Baja is getting broken in pretty well now at 235K and although the ride doesn't feel bad, I think I've more than gotten my money's worth out of the original struts. I'd like to replace them myself, but would like to get them as the complete assembly (strut, spring, mount) to make it easy on myself, since these don't require the use of a spring compressor. Monroe sells them as Quick Struts (but not for the Baja). Are there any such kits available for the Baja? I've searched, but before I give up and buy the individual components, thought I would ask if anyone here has found such a package for the 03 Baja (front and rear). Anyone...Bueller?
w.rohr
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: Complete Strut Assembly Replacement?

Post by w.rohr »

So you mean struts and springs? I think you can use the same springs unless they are damaged. We havent put my new ones in yet but I bought struts and springs off amazon as well as boots (I think they were called). I got the ones for 04-06 baja since they have and extra inch of lift and were also cheaper. If you want I can post part numbers and amazon links if any of that would be helpful.
kamesama980
Scoobytruck Master

Post by kamesama980 »

It sounds like the OP wants quick-struts for ease of installation rather than worry about spring sag. That being said, I'd trust the OE Subaru springs more than aftermarket Indonesian copies. As far as the availability, those are strictly by sales frequency. Taurus, Impala, or other plebeian ride you can get them anywhere. Something with (relatively) low production numbers that caters to a more eclectic crowd and has a very low failure rate: no such luck.
-Russell
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
03 sport 5mt
05 turbo 5mt vf39 and other STI bits, 3" turbo-back
MrCrowley
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by MrCrowley »

https://bcracingcoilovers.com/products/ ... rs-dr-type

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

kamesama980
Scoobytruck Master

Post by kamesama980 »

MrCrowley wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:20 am https://bcracingcoilovers.com/products/ ... rs-dr-type

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
one track mind much? coilovers aren't in the same category as replacement stock parts and certainly aren't the answer for everything.
-Russell
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
03 sport 5mt
05 turbo 5mt vf39 and other STI bits, 3" turbo-back