Another OEM Hard Tonneau Cover question

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

canuck37
Scoobytruck Master

Another OEM Hard Tonneau Cover question

Post by canuck37 »

The newly acquired used OEM hardcover is finally installed after a lot of messing around due to not having any really installation documents. One last question......at the end of the day, I have 2 plastic strips left over that I forgot to install when bolting everything together. They appear to be meant to attach to the front metal support frame, and center over the pass-through door on the Baja. Frankly, I don't see substantial benefit, since the door itself doesn't leak when closed.

Can someone who has one of these 2 piece covers take a couple of pics of their's so I can see how it's supposed to attach, and also if they find any benefit from having it there? I'm leaning to just not use them at this point rather than have to tear everything apart again just to get at the metal support to install it. Thanks big time!!

Guacamole
Scoobytruck God

Re: Another OEM Hard Tonneau Cover question

Post by Guacamole »

Here's a parts diagram if it helps: http://www.scoobytruck.com/pdf/Subaru-B ... t-Diag.pdf
canuck37
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Another OEM Hard Tonneau Cover question

Post by canuck37 »

Thanks, I already had that one and it's useless for these parts. Subarau customer service equally useless on help. I just winged it finally.....