Cruise Night at the Mall

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

ScreaminMimi
Scoobytruck Contributer

Cruise Night at the Mall

Post by ScreaminMimi »

There is a Cruise Night for car enthusiasts to meet and show off their cars every Wednesday night at our local mall. We took the Brat and Baja so people could see them side-by-side. Most were amazed just seeing a Brat around here and bad news guys... they preferred the look of the Brat over the Baja :(

Well, all except one woman, she went totally nuts over the Baja... she crawled all over to top to bottom, asked a zillion questions, sat in it. I think she's sold on getting one... will be interesting to see if she shows up in one :)
'78 Brat Stock 4 sp.
Ford Chrome Yellow/Red Decals
'86 Brat - T-tops, low topper - primer grey
'05 Baja Turbo 5 sp.
Monterey Silver/Brilliant Silver
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

I don't blame the peeps for liking the Brat over the Baja.. I kinda wish Subaru would have made a two door Baja as well... A little smaller (not as long) and perhaps a slightly larger bed. I also love the "winged?" sunroof on the Brat... Too hott.
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

Got any pics? Ya, I would expect the Brat to "do better", being that it's a classic, vs new...It's cool that you got both of them up there!
ScreaminMimi
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by ScreaminMimi »

I didn't get any pics from the show. It was a small turn out... sort of early bird warm-up for the summer. The coming weeks will be busy and packed with cars. I have all "three" generations now... we picked up a Gen2 today!!! This one won't be stock anything :)
'78 Brat Stock 4 sp.
Ford Chrome Yellow/Red Decals
'86 Brat - T-tops, low topper - primer grey
'05 Baja Turbo 5 sp.
Monterey Silver/Brilliant Silver
cyphergirl
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cyphergirl »

John and I stopped at a model home to check out some new townhouses being built. When we came out to leave, a guy drive up and jumped out of his Subaru (Outback?) and wanted to know all about the Baja. He had never seen one before and wants one now. :lol:
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Sounds about right Patti, he drives a Suby, and doesn't know the Baja exits!! And they wonder why sales are slow on em. ADVERTISE IT, AND THEY WILL COME!!! Mike