front speaker adapters

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

tsmart
Scoobytruck Contributer

front speaker adapters

Post by tsmart »

I am trying to replace speakers..bought 6.5 inch speakers, but they dont fit the stock adapter. Where can I get adapters to fit aftermarket front speakers?
mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Re: front speaker adapters

Post by mikenmel08 »

What part isn't fitting? If the magnet/rear of the speaker is hitting the back of the stock adapter you can rim that to make it fit......
tsmart
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by tsmart »

I bought dual brand 6.5 speakers..at advanced auto parts franklin nc..in the baja front door there is a large adapter with a smaller angled black adapter (stock) attached to that. When I take the stock speaker and put it front to front with the new one, no holes line up. All the stock speaker holes are well inside the holes of the new speakers. I called crutchfield, they said pioneer tsg 1644R would directly fit front and back. So, I ordered them. I have been to many web pages saying 6.5 for front and rear....but other sites say 5.25 rears. Will find out soon cause they have already been shipped.

funny thing..3 speakers were not working. Too many posts said its speakers...but just today the passenger side came back..not the backs though. They are still out .
I am not into car stereo, I just want 4 working speakers. The baja has only 24000 miles on it and hasnt been treated roughly. Hope its not the head unit. Stock radio, no tweeters. I guess I, m gonna find out.
Zombaja
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Zombaja »

anybody got a need for a stock 5 (or was it 6) disc head unit? I took mine out almost a year ago, it's just sitting around.
tsmart
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by tsmart »

If I find its the head unit you will be hearing from me.... :wink:
mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mikenmel08 »

Huh, not sure on that one without seeing it.....If you can't figure it out swing it by the shop one day and I will look at it for you.....

I have the factory head unit collecting dust on a shelf also.....
tsmart
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by tsmart »

The pioneers fit perfect, rears too, but the rears are 4 ohm not 8. System sounds good but I need to fade front a little or it overfeeds the rears. Its not mind blowing, but fo $75 all around, its bettrr than stock. Took about 2 hours and 3 beers to do it right. Easy to get the panels off.
FYI the DUAL brand 6.5 sold at walmart will not fit at all.