Subaru Baja units sold

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

the dealer told me that the white/turbo/5spds were the rare combo -- that makes me feel even more unique! :D
su-be3
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by su-be3 »

8) Cliffhanger, I saw one like yours in Saratoga Springs, NY, about a month ago!
So how do you like yours?
If I had known about the 5-speed, I would have tried it out for comparison sake. Still, I like my Sport-shift, does the job for me.
Enjoy your Baja.
Keep it under 90, folks!
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

that's veeerd, i used to live in saratoga springs! not recently (with by baja) but id planned on moving back at some point... who can resist broadway/caroline st, right? :wink: also had a great time climbing in new paltz, check it out ($6) when you get a chance!
btw, i love mine. i had a sport shift for a loaner until mine came in, and those are real sveet too [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] but i had to have a 5spd again (the reason i started shopping for a new vehicle)...
su-be3
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by su-be3 »

8) Cliffhanger, cool that you used to live in this area!
Just curious, are you a native of Saratoga Springs, or did you work/go to school there?
Yea, I DO know Broadway/Caroline/Phila St!
Enjoy your Baja, my friend!
Keep it under 90, folks!
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

work and school, not a native tho, just there for like 8 or 9 months, but i cant wait to go back! spac, race season, rock climbing, women, trotters! i miss everything...
03ClassicYellow
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by 03ClassicYellow »

Sales for March 2005 are at 615 .
On a side note I was at the New York Autoshow on Friday and they did not have a Baja on display . This is a shame what are they thinking ?? If you dont show it who will buy it ?? Honda had 3 Ridgelines on display ....
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

03ClassicYellow wrote:Sales for March 2005 are at 615 .
On a side note I was at the New York Autoshow on Friday and they did not have a Baja on display . This is a shame what are they thinking ?? If you dont show it who will buy it ?? Honda had 3 Ridgelines on display ....
Let's see.. No commercials, none at the auto show.. I believe the writing is on the wall.
ScreaminMimi
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by ScreaminMimi »

cliffhanger wrote:the dealer told me that the white/turbo/5spds were the rare combo -- that makes me feel even more unique! :D
I have never seen the white, I bet it's handsome!

I did see an all silver one today! First time in over a month!
I saw an all blue with soft tonneau cover 2 days after I got mine in mid January.

Then, 2 in the same night within sight of each other... a red and silver and an all red.

Tim sees a Monterey Silver Brilliant Silver around the Peabody/Lynn, Mass. area. He's not sure if it's turbo, he forgot to look again... but it's an older guy driving it.

That's the total number I have seen other than the yellow one that used to live 2 blocks away... it either moved away or it's in storage. Oh, and Subafreak's black one last fall.

I live in a heavily populated, high traffic area. The most popular cars here are Subarus (Outback, Forester and WRX) and more Ford trucks than you can count!
'78 Brat Stock 4 sp.
Ford Chrome Yellow/Red Decals
'86 Brat - T-tops, low topper - primer grey
'05 Baja Turbo 5 sp.
Monterey Silver/Brilliant Silver
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

My dad, brother, and nephew went to the Milwaukee Auto Show. Subaru had one of everything there, including a Baja. :lol: So I guess they show up sometimes. Now if they would only do commercials and other ads!! Mike
bajanut
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by bajanut »

My baja is in for rutine service and I asked the service manager and he said that he got a offical letter from SOA that they have changed their minds and have slated the baja for production till at least 07 :D:D:D:D
---------------
Ben
opimax1
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by opimax1 »

thats cool [smilie=coolup.gif] a question though. We are on the last generation Legend body, a new version is out I believe. Will their be a "new" Baja then?

Mark
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

Yeah as far as Ive heard there will be an 06' model but it doesn't look to great for it after that.
sjtryon
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by sjtryon »

Well, I just purchased one so I guess my numbers help them count on their April quotas!

Regal Blue (or whatever it is called), 5-speed, turbo.

I pick it up tomorrow! Can't wait!

:D

Steven
[/code]
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

congrats steven [smilie=hellyeah.gif]
03ClassicYellow
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by 03ClassicYellow »

April sales up 2% to 629...