In Niskayuna NY, Outside Albany

The Tri-State region of NJ/NY/PA

Moderators: autumnmist83, blubaja03

theluckyone17
Scoobytruck Master

In Niskayuna NY, Outside Albany

Post by theluckyone17 »

Figured I'd give a quick heads up to those around the Capital District... if you see a black Baja Sport with Mudrat bumpers on it, that's me. Hope to see some of y'all out there!
Onyx: 2006 Baja Sport
speedwaygirl
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: In Niskayuna NY, Outside Albany

Post by speedwaygirl »

Hey Niskayuna! I'm about to join the Baja Brigade (have wanted one for about 10 years). Just signed all the papers today on a 2005 Baja Turbo - Black. Wanted a 5 spd, but could only find an automatic. I'm about 1 hour west of Albany, so will be watching out for you when I'm in Capitaland. Picking up the car next Saturday....can't wait to get on the road with it!!!
2006 OBP Baja Turbo 5MT
theluckyone17
Scoobytruck Master

Post by theluckyone17 »

You've got to be out near Fonda then, I'm guessing.

Congrat's on the new Baja! I wanted a turbo, too, but the price was just right on my NA.

I can't seem to run across another Baja when I'm driving mine... there's one guy who takes Route 146 every day, just outside my house. Whenever I see him, I'm driving the company car, so blaring the horn and waving just makes me look like a freak :lol:. I'll keep an eye out for you 8) .
Onyx: 2006 Baja Sport
Trucklett
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Trucklett »

I somehow managed to screw up my login :roll: , so this is the new one. It will also keep logins consistent across the Subie boards.

I'm up just north of Fonda in the Glove Cities. There are a bevy of Bajas up here. There is a red and silver one belonging to a woman that works at Hannaford in Gloversville. I've seen two different NA silver ones on the arterial, but neither driver returned the wave. I was amazed that in two small cities there were so many!

There's also a very nice, clean NA silver 2006 for sale at John Miller Motorcars in Johnstown. It only has 50K miles, but they want the princely sum of $18k for it. Yikes! But seeing that one all the time as I went by lit the fire under me again to buy one.

Loving it so far, but the baja's already earned the nickname of Mr. Thirsty! All that expensive premium gas and 16 mpg in the city makes it a very expensive new toy! Makes me think that the NA may have been the smart choice!

See you around!
Evanism
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Evanism »

I'm in Amsterdam, NY and work in Albany. I do take 146 for a short bit: from 20 to the 890 entrance. I don't recall seeing a black Baja with the mudrat bumpers. Might have seen the red one. There is/was a silver one whose driver went to the same chiropractor as do I, but I think she's sold that one.

Mine's a Blue 2005 NA with a 'scoobytruck' sticker in the back window!
2005 Baja Sport, Regal Blue Pearl
traded-in 2004 Legacy 35th
Slight mods:
Heated mirrors
Heated seats
Horn upgrade
Speaker upgrade
OzzBros bed cover
Autodim mirror
Bluetooth stereo
Factory tweeters
Turbo Headlights
Trucklett
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Trucklett »

Over at the Baja page on Facebook, they are putting together a meet-up/photo op in Burlington, VT some time in the next few weeks. Will post details on it once the date is firmed up!
Ahzlon
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Ahzlon »

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!

OK, To all my fellow VT'ers, NY'ers and anyone else who wants to join us. Baja photo-op on the Burlington waterfront down by the Coast Guard station on June 15th @ 1200pm. There is decent parking, and some
What: Baja Photo Tyme
Where: US Coast Guard Station Burlington Depot Street Burlington, VT
When: June 15th @ 12:00pm.
Trucklett
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Trucklett »

NEW UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!

OK, To all my fellow VT'ers, NY'ers and anyone else who wants to join us. Baja photo-op on the Burlington waterfront down by the Coast Guard station on July 28th @ 1200pm. There is decent parking, and some
What: Baja Photo Tyme
Where: US Coast Guard Station Burlington Depot Street Burlington, VT
When: July 28th @ 12:00pm.